EMG/NCV amplifier

ajapyy

Joined Apr 27, 2013
hi everybody ;)
I want to design an EMG/NCV amplifier and search for it's circuit in internet.
anybody has data about my issue ?
EMG amplifier or NCV(nerve conduction velocity) amplifier ?
if possible for you, please send help for me ;)
with best regards ..

HadMatter

Joined Aug 16, 2009
Hey Jappy. I'm currently working on an EMG circuit for school, and have been spring boarding off of this design: http://m.instructables.com/id/Muscle-EMG-Sensor-for-a-Microcontroller/
It's pretty clear on how to assemble the circuit, although I wish it explained a little better about what was going on in each stage of the design. I'll go ahead and pass on some advice a grad student gave me, to replace the TL072 op amps with TLC2272(s) because they put less noise in the circuit. Also, full disclosure, my project is still a work in progress. something about the final filtering stage isn't working quite right, but it seems to be working up to that point . The people who wrote this instructable also sell ready made kits of this schematic on Mouser, so it's a reasonable assumption I've got something hooked up wrong or something.

HadMatter

Joined Aug 16, 2009
Update: Got this sucker working. I'm not certain what's going on with the low pass filter in the circuit in this instructable, but according to my calculations the resistor/capacitor pairing sets the cutoff frequency at 1.9Hz which seems decidedly low as it's my understanding muscle impulses fire at 7-20Hz. Maybe the TL072 chips have some characteristic that shifts that cutoff into a more appropriate range. Just be mindful of that one discrepancy and this should work just fine for you.

ajapyy

Joined Apr 27, 2013
thank you for your feedback,
in first stage we are a pre-amplifier, then a filter and finally an amplifier.
have u schematic for stages which in understand how circuit work or can draw circuit in simulation programs such proteus and run it ?