elevator

theanih

Joined Oct 3, 2010
is it possible to control a 3 level elevator (with inner and outer request buttons) without a microcontroller? is there other alternatives?

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
The best option will be a microcontroller, as I see it. But you can actually use many types of logic. Like discrete gates, AND, OR, XOR etc.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
is it possible to control a 3 level elevator (with inner and outer request buttons) without a microcontroller? is there other alternatives?
Just think about it. They had elevators in 1920, right? Did they have microcontrollers? No they didn´t, they could do almost anything with enough relays.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I made one for a friend to move laundry between three floors using only CMOS logic ICs. Make a flow chart and it gets pretty simple. You need switches at each floor so the logic knows where the platform is.

theanih

Joined Oct 3, 2010
so how do you make a relay circuit for the elevator? any ideas? what kind of relays do i need for the best results?

williamj

Joined Sep 3, 2009
theanih

Read the thread on "dumbwaiter control system". Be aware that this is for a dumbwaiter lift system and is not meant for passenger loads. Elevators contain multiple redundent safety systems and "lift" systems do not.

williamj