elevator

rose ann arandia

Joined May 14, 2006
it is a two storey elevator system.....runs by a motor,limitting switches and a simple circuit diagram......this is only my plan and honestly i dont know where to start this project.....so pls help me....thank in advance....

windoze killa

Joined Feb 23, 2006
Originally posted by rose ann arandia@May 15 2006, 11:47 AM
it is a two storey elevator system.....runs by a motor,limitting switches and a simple circuit diagram......this is only my plan and honestly i dont know where to start this project.....so pls help me....thank in advance....
[post=17092]Quoted post[/post]​
I assume this is only a project type design. There are probably rules governing the installation of real elevators.

How complex do you want to make this? Is a simple press and hold the button type? Or do you want a fully automated one that knows exactly where it is at all times? Do you want braking? How about safety catches in case of power failure?

Let us know a few more details and we can offer a bit more advice.

rose ann arandia

Joined May 14, 2006
Originally posted by windoze killa@May 14 2006, 07:08 PM
I assume this is only a project type design. There are probably rules governing the installation of real elevators.

How complex do you want to make this? Is a simple press and hold the button type? Or do you want a fully automated one that knows exactly where it is at all times? Do you want braking? How about safety catches in case of power failure?

Let us know a few more details and we can offer a bit more advice.
[post=17101]Quoted post[/post]​
i want the automated one......but not so complicated.....thanks!!!!

windoze killa

Joined Feb 23, 2006
Originally posted by rose ann arandia@May 15 2006, 03:21 PM
i want the automated one......but not so complicated.....thanks!!!!
[post=17106]Quoted post[/post]​
How automated? You can have it as simple as pressing a button to go up and it stops when it gets to the top. Do you want it to stop suddenly or slow down as it approaches? What do you expect it to do in case of a power failure?

Erin G.

Joined Mar 3, 2005
As far as w-killa's worry goes for power loss, in an actual working elevator the normal position of the brake is "on". When the elevator starts moving an electric (DC) coil overcomes tension on a spring that is holding the brake on.

I'm guessing that this is a prototype for a project of some sort. If not, you're in BIG trouble because as killa says, there is a mountain of regualtions and specs involved in certifying and commissioning an elevator.

Attached a (VERY) over-simplified drawing of a basic elevator lay-out. It does not show things like positive positioning, brake controls, pre-opening, inner- and outer-door controls, VFD or MG motor and motor controls, and a whole host of other things that go into elevator controls and safety. But if you're building a model, this should help you along.

Hope this helps

erin

I can't seem to get the attachment to attach. Will try again later. sorry.

rose ann arandia

Joined May 14, 2006
Originally posted by windoze killa@May 15 2006, 03:04 PM
How automated? You can have it as simple as pressing a button to go up and it stops when it gets to the top. Do you want it to stop suddenly or slow down as it approaches? What do you expect it to do in case of a power failure?
[post=17128]Quoted post[/post]​
i've finished the circuit already using a number switch(relay,limitting switch,push button).....but my problem is........i want a switch that will automatically close even without pressing it when some unwanted things happen.......

rose ann arandia

Joined May 14, 2006
Originally posted by Erin G.@May 15 2006, 06:37 PM
As far as w-killa's worry goes for power loss, in an actual working elevator the normal position of the brake is "on". When the elevator starts moving an electric (DC) coil overcomes tension on a spring that is holding the brake on.

I'm guessing that this is a prototype for a project of some sort. If not, you're in BIG trouble because as killa says, there is a mountain of regualtions and specs involved in certifying and commissioning an elevator.

Attached a (VERY) over-simplified drawing of a basic elevator lay-out. It does not show things like positive positioning, brake controls, pre-opening, inner- and outer-door controls, VFD or MG motor and motor controls, and a whole host of other things that go into elevator controls and safety. But if you're building a model, this should help you along.

Hope this helps

erin

I can't seem to get the attachment to attach. Will try again later. sorry.
[post=17131]Quoted post[/post]​
thanks erin.....i just only want ideas on how to make this project a succesful one without expending a lot of money......thank you very much for your time.....pls help me....

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Originally posted by rose ann arandia@May 16 2006, 08:18 AM
i've finished the circuit already using a number switch(relay,limitting switch,push button).....but my problem is........i want a switch that will automatically close even without pressing it when some unwanted things happen.......
[post=17133]Quoted post[/post]​
what exactly do you mean? close, when what unwanted happens?
maybe you can use a relay - the NC contact.

Is this some kind of a school project, like a model of an elevator?

rose ann arandia

Joined May 14, 2006
Originally posted by kubeek@May 16 2006, 02:21 AM
what exactly do you mean? close, when what unwanted happens?
maybe you can use a relay - the NC contact.

Is this some kind of a school project, like a model of an elevator?
[post=17139]Quoted post[/post]​
just give me an idea on how to construct my project.....its circuit.....plssss..................