Elevator serving 2 floors via latches

mshoosh

Joined May 23, 2008
Hi. Am working on a simple demo demonstrating the use of latches and ladder diagrams. The idea is to use 2 DC motors, 2 N.O. or N.C. switches, to simulate an elevator serving 2 floors only. I have included a drawing..
The Motors should not reverse direction until the nail hits one of the switches.
Note: The nail is attached to the rubber string. And the motors are going to be connected to the PLC.

I would appreciate it if someone helps me with the ladder diagram for this configuration.
Also, I thought of doing this demo using only one motor, which can rotate in both direction,,how would the circuit looks like as well as the ladder diagram?

Attachments

Last edited:

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Since it looks like the "ladder diagram" of the circuit is the important part... I've attached a simple elevator circuit. "1" and "2" are the buttons to select the floor. Limit1st stops the car at the 1st floor, and Limit2nd stops the car at the second floor. Relay1 latches the selected floor, and Relay2 changes the direction. I'll let you develop the ladder diagram. there many tutorials on the net for ladder diagrams, but RiJoRI's suggestion is a place to start.

Ken

Or, if that's too complicated, see posting reply #9 by HERO999 at: http://www.electronics-lab.com/forum/index.php?topic=16646.0 This would work, but just requires that the floor-select switch be held down during transit.

Attachments

Last edited:

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
could you give me a circuit digram of an elevator? i needed it badly.. for experiment in school.. thanks a lot people.. God bless...
So what's wrong with the circuit I posted? Not meet your assignment specifications?

I have an even more elaborate one with call buttons, door-closed switches, door locks..and just as simple.

How about telling us what you have done so far.

ken