Elevator Project

mateenyasin1

Joined Mar 20, 2012
Well! I have to make an elevator model as a project for digital logic design!
I've done a lot of research and saw that most of the elevator based projects were made using PLC and micro controllers, which i haven't studied yet.
Is it possible to implement the model using relays, multiplexers, adders, subtracters, encoders and other gates!
It seems it would become quite hard as there are a number of complications in the design!

I have to implement

The Priority Call
Safety Test
Design a door opening and closing mechanism
As well as the inputs inside and those outside of the elevator

a little help would be appreciated!
:D

rfredel

Joined Jan 23, 2011
Hello,

I think, I have a circuit at home, but I'm not at home in moment. I'll be back at saturday. Then I'll send you my design.

Regards
Rainer

BSomer

Joined Dec 28, 2011
Have you used or learned anything about PLD's such as a GAL or PAL? One or more of these would cut down on the amount of IC's used in the project. The project itself is completely doable with logic IC's and the sort.

williamj

Joined Sep 3, 2009
mayteenyasin1,

There are a number of threads on this topic in the archive here, just do a search for "elevators" and I think you may find what you are looking for.

williamj

rfredel

Joined Jan 23, 2011
Hello,
excuse me, that I contact you only now.
I have had problems with my Internet connection.

Here you see a link of the German original text and the translation from the book "SIEMENS semiconductors - circuits - examples from 1972 / 1973" for a lift control. I have translate it with the translation programm PROMT from http://www.online-translator.com/Default.aspx/Text

I have redraw the circuit - diagramme with TTL - IC's, because the IC'sc used by SIEMENS are obsolete for a long time.

I hoe, it will help you.

http://www.rainers-elektronikpage.de/Andere_Foren/Aufzug.pdf

Best regards
Rainer

PS: Sorry, if my English is not so good.