Electronics education

gygy

Joined Feb 3, 2014
I find many electronics tutorial in Internet, but never find what I am looking for. For example if I want to lear how to make circuit with microcontroller. In tutorials alays power supply is directly connected to the power source. In Arduino board it is not.

gygy

Joined Feb 3, 2014
What do you know about μC
Difficult to explain. For example I read part of ATmega8 datasheet - more specially the part about boot loader. Seems well written and possible (for me) to programming it.
Main problem for me are circuits - using passive elements.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
[...]In tutorials alays power supply is directly connected to the power source. In Arduino board it is not.
Perhaps you could reword that... The schematics using a bare microcontroller will tell you to connect the power pins to your power supply. The Arduino board is already laid out to connect those pins whenever power is applied to the board.

The Arduino website is pretty helpful to get the basics down...

gygy

Joined Feb 3, 2014
Draw up something and show us so we can correct ur mistakes
OK.
Want to use CPLD: Atmel ATF2500C. On page 4 of datasheet it is written:

So, how to keep requirement 1 - what circuit? What is "signals from which clock terms are derived"? What is t_w? How to make delay t_PR delay.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
attachment does not work

Thought I told you to draw the diagram.

If you don't understand the diagram how can we help u.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
OK.

So, how to keep requirement 1 - what circuit? What is "signals from which clock terms are derived"? What is t_w? How to make delay t_PR delay.
Laying out a board for and using a CPLD is not a task for beginners. You should probably start with a more basic task and work your way up.

What is t_w?
This will be defined in the timings section. Since your image is fuzzy, we do not know the context.

gygy

Joined Feb 3, 2014
OK.

I am sorry, that can not attach images here. Image URL is:
http://s1.postimg.org/udaljrdlb/power_atmel_ATF2500_C_20_PU.png

Laying out a board for and using a CPLD is not a task for beginners. You should probably start with a more basic task and work your way up.
I am agree. That is why I ask very basic questions.

Gygy, is it your intention to rely on internet information only?
What other sources to use, especially about ATF2500C?

Last edited:

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Its like trying to learn to read and starting with War and Peace.
What happened to One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish?

If you want to learn micros you DON'T start with a VHDL/CPLD.

Typically "learning" involves starting with something simple and working your way up to more difficult tasks..

Seems like you need to "learn to learn" first.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I will be frank with you. The sheer amount of explaining that it would require to make you ready to use a CPLD from little knowledge is too much to ask of a forum for free. We volunteer our time to help people, but there is only so much each of us has. That is not to discourage you from asking questions, but to, instead, encourage you to do your own research and ask specific questions regarding your endeavors.

That said, you may find the following useful:
FPGAs4fun
Atmel's Getting Started with SPLDs and CPLDs
Rolfe's Guide

You also may want to get a development kit(PDF) to start with

Last edited:

gygy

Joined Feb 3, 2014
Thank you tshuck, but up to now I ask 3 questions, and get exactly 0 answers. So, what time you lost? At least to give some acceptable links, BUT...

You recomend me something, which I not need. I know, or I can learn very easy (without help) how to controls FPGA chip, but my problen is external part of circuit.

FPGAs4fun:
I read inside "...using an FPGA board". So there is not explained how this FPGA board is created.

Atmel's Getting Started with SPLDs and CPLDs:
What I can find more, than datasheet? I have troubles with it.

Rolfe's Guide:
The same as first: Not make any hardware! I'd also recommend a dev board with at least switches and LED's on to get you started. I didn't bother because I had a "Gertboard" for my Raspberry Pi which I could use to provide these facilities.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Thank you tshuck, but up to now I ask 3 questions, and get exactly 0 answers. So, what time you lost? At least to give some acceptable links, BUT... You recomend me something, which I not need. I know, or I can learn very easy (without help) how to controls FPGA chip, but my problen is external part of circuit. FPGAs4fun: I read inside "...using an FPGA board". So there is not explained how this FPGA board is created. Atmel's Getting Started with SPLDs and CPLDs: What I can find more, than datasheet? I have troubles with it. Rolfe's Guide: The same as first: Not make any hardware! I'd also recommend a dev board with at least switches and LED's on to get you started. I didn't bother because I had a "Gertboard" for my Raspberry Pi which I could use to provide these facilities.
...then, perhaps, you should ask a clear, concise question that does not require hours of typing to answer.

You started by talking about a power supply in an Arduino and now are on to CPLDs - can you blame anyone for not being sure what it is you want?

Last edited:

gygy

Joined Feb 3, 2014
Question 1 requires you to know the definition on monotonic and how it applies to Vcc.
It is obvious, that without know this my question is meaningless. I know this, but have no idea how this can be garanted by circuit. What circuit? It just mean, that can not use mechanical key to turn on power???

Last edited:

TANDBERGEREN

Joined Jan 20, 2014
I find many electronics tutorial in Internet, but never find what I am looking for. For example if I want to lear how to make circuit with microcontroller. In tutorials alays power supply is directly connected to the power source. In Arduino board it is not.

What Ardunioboard are You reffering to?

Look at theese: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardUno

The black little thing in the lower left corner of theese boards are all powerconnector. 5V powersupply is to be connected there.

You should also study theese pages: http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/HomePage

Or if You preffer the whole story: http://arduino.cc/