electronics books

narasimhan

Joined Dec 3, 2009
hi this is my first post here.
which is the best books for electronic devices, analog circuits and electromagnetics.
these are the three subjects that i literally didn't study(forgot everything that i learnt in college).
so please suggest easy to understand and interesting books
i have microelectronics circuits sedra smith but its a bit tough and uninteresting(for me).
thanks in advance.

narasimhan

Joined Dec 3, 2009
thanks for the suggestions i'll try The Art of Electronics by Horowitz and Hill. heard that its a good book.
Electric Engineering 101 is suitable for hobbyists as it contains very basic facts. anyway i'll also try it out.

any more suggestions. what about electromagnetics.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
any more suggestions. what about electromagnetics.
Classical Electrodynamics by John David Jackson :D - those who know the book will appreciate the smilie!

Seriously, I would recommend Physics for Scientists and Engineers by Serway and Beichner. Good engineering approach to physics.

Dave

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
. heard that its a good book.
Electric Engineering 101 is suitable for hobbyists as it contains very basic facts. anyway i'll also try it out..
Yah its pretty simple, but thats what makes it so great. I flipped through The Art of Electronics and all the graphs and numbers gave me a headache by page 5. :) So I don't think I'm quite ready to give that a whirl yet. I've basically just been reading EE 101 , the AAC books, and uC specific books and datasheets.