ELECTRONIC WATER LEVEL INDICATOR & CONTROLLER With LM3914

hhhunzai

Joined Nov 14, 2011
Can you describe what you're seeing that you interpret as a "cable fault".

Ken
This was the post i wanted to make a new thread with the subject,
Four core Power Cable Short Circuit

Hello Everyone!
Refer to the subject, please guide me in a situation, there is a power cable 25sq. mm, 4 core pvc/pvc non swa buried directly in ground and in some ducts.The cable has damaged anywhere and it shows short circuit between every conductor.I have tested with a uni-T multimeter, it shows almost 2 to 3M ohms resistance between each conductor.The operating voltage is 3 phase, 415volt, 50Hz

Please suggest me a technique to sort this short circuit out, without digging the all area and ducts in ground.Is it possible to locate the exact location of the leakage area?

Your opinions are requested in this regard

When I submitted this post there was a white blank page was appearing.
I tried this many times but the situation was the same, then I asked you.

hhhunzai

Joined Nov 14, 2011
Thank you, I have generated new thread, what was the problem with the previous subject I couldn't understand.

And please respond to this new thread too.

hhhunzai

Joined Nov 14, 2011
I have managed to come to forum after so many days.

Mr. KMoffet I have prepared a PCB layout with the help of Express PCB for Water Level control under consideration, please check it If you got some time for it.
If it is going to work or there are errors in it.

Should I go for making PCB for this layout?

I want to complete this project immediately , it has taken enough time to complete.
:)

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007

Mr. KMoffet I have prepared a PCB layout with the help of Express PCB for Water Level control under consideration, please check it If you got some time for it.

I want to complete this project immediately , it has taken enough time to complete.
I will take a look at it. Please post the xxxx.sch and xxxx.pcb files here.

Ken

hhhunzai

Joined Nov 14, 2011

Mr. KMoffett I have prepared a PCB layout with the help of Express PCB for Water Level control under consideration, please check it; If you got some time for it. Please find as attached, I tried to upload it as it is but AAC was not accepting, therefore I have added an image of it.

Attachments

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Made corrections to inconsistency in ground symbols in schematic.
Changed all IC labels from UXA/UXB... to UX to match PCB
Switched two gates in U1 and U3 in schematic to match PCB.
I assume that the 4-pin switches in the PCB will match the 2-pin switches in the schematic.

Corrected files attached.

Ken

Attachments

hhhunzai

Joined Nov 14, 2011
I have made the corrections in switch connections; moved wires to the lower pads on both cases as net highlights.

I had amended switch sizes therefore these switches are looking different. These switches will connect as like the net shows after your modifications.
Is this PCB feasible for practical implementation sir?
This is first time I have made a PCB and going to make it from market.
Please advice...

hhhunzai

Joined Nov 14, 2011
I had checked on Breadboard but there was a burning smell of an IC due to some shorts or loosing I don't know and as you know I had made it on veroboard too but it was making troubles, therefore I have decided to make it on a PCB.

If it looks (wiring in circuit) correct to you on PCB that I have made in PCB Express, then I am going to make it from market, please advise.

Thank you.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
If it failed on a breadboard and on a veroboard I would be reluctant to spend the money on a PCB. But, the PCB layout appears to follow the schematic. That's the best I can say without building the circuit myself.

What I do sometimes is, do the schematic and PCB layout, then do a point-to-point wiring on a perfboard following the PCB layout. I do this often on one-off projects, without ever making a PCB.

Ken