Electronic parts identification help?

nidzo

Joined Nov 2, 2013
Hello,
I could use some help in identifying electronic part on the pic that says something like EDCEN or something like that. I am not sure what this is. To me it looks like a DIOD. The other one is A2719 Ic. I was changing a battery in the shaver but accidentally reversed polarities where this part started to smoke. These pictures are the PCB of shaver/epilator. Any help would be useful.

Image with both attached to the PCB.
http://imageshack.us/a/img703/8950/k71t.jpg

And both zoomed in.
http://imageshack.us/a/img822/8944/vs5r.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

nidzo

Joined Nov 2, 2013
Well I already stated that is A2719. My question was about the other one that has EDCEN or something similar on it.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Looks to me like the A2719 is the motor driver FET, and the diode would be the back-EMF diode across the motor winding (so it can be PWM'ed).

Neither part would be that critical, just replace the FET with a similar spec part and the diode with a common diode in that package. :)

nidzo

Joined Nov 2, 2013
Thank you for the answer. I am not sure what you mean by "(so it can be PWM'ed) and "the diode with a common diode in that package."What values (voltage? same as for A2719 or?) and what type of diode this is? Zener? Could you please be more specific. Thanks in advance.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I believe he's calling the EDCEN a rectifier diode. Similar to 1N400x series. Just the basic, "enough amp rating" and, "enough voltage rating".

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Yeah sorry for the late reply but that's right. The diode type should not matter much, and a >100v 1A diode should be very easy to find in that package.

The running current of those little shaver motors is not very high, maybe 200-300mA average so even a 500mA diode might be ok, although I would try for a 1A diode if possible.

The 8pin FET is a standard package and you can get the spec figures from a A2719 datasheet. If not, then a >=50v FET in about 6A or 8A rating is common in that 8pin SOIC package.

nidzo

Joined Nov 2, 2013
Well thank you very much for even late reply :). I have beeing looking for a place online where to buy A2719 without luck. I currently live in Germany but don't speak German language so well. Any ideas where I could order this IC? Thanks for your help once again.