electronic dazer

darshelectro

Joined Jan 22, 2007
i have ordered the components, to have ago at making the electronic dazer on this web site:

http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/hv/dazer/dazer.htm

When the parts arrived, the capacitor in the picture on the website is much larger than the capacitor that i have got. The capacitor that i have got is 0.1 uf radial monolithic capacitor and is about 4mm across. However the capacitor on the website is about 15 mm across.

1) Is 0.1uf capacitor on the website the correct size, or has someone made an error, because i can not get the circuit to work?

2) Does it make any difference if i make this on a bread board or not?

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Physical size of C1 is not important. Different materials and construction methods account for different physical sizes. If you have a 0.1uF cap with sufficient working voltage, you have what you need.

Double check connections, as HGMjr has suggested. Check to see if the oscillator is working - if so, the problem is in your voltage multiplier. If not, the problem is in the oscillator.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
i have ordered the components, to have ago at making the electronic dazer on this web site:

http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/hv/dazer/dazer.htm

When the parts arrived, the capacitor in the picture on the website is much larger than the capacitor that i have got. The capacitor that i have got is 0.1 uf radial monolithic capacitor and is about 4mm across. However the capacitor on the website is about 15 mm across.

1) Is 0.1uf capacitor on the website the correct size, or has someone made an error, because i can not get the circuit to work?

2) Does it make any difference if i make this on a bread board or not?

Well, you should check the voltage rating of your capacitor. If is has the same capacity but is smaller, then it may have a lower voltage rating.

Also, building this project in a breadboard may be hazardous, since most certainly there will be isolation faults. I would not advice it.