Electromagnetism Exercise

PostMortem

Joined Jul 27, 2012
http://www.teiath.gr/userfiles/s.ath...im_2011_12.pdf

I have some trouble in exercise 1 and 2.

Exercise 1 says: There is a load q=-1μC in point A in axis x that is 0.15m form point O on the start of the axis. In the same time a second load Q is in point B of the axis Z that is 0.10m from point O on the start of the axis. The loads q and Q are moving with speeds u1 and u2. The direction of the two speed is shown on the graph, while we know that |u1|=10^7 m/s and |u2|=5*10^7 m/s. If the magnectic field on the point O is equal with zero calculate: a) The value and the sign for the load Q
and b) The electric field on point O

Exercise 2 says: Three loads Q1=-1nC, Q2=+2nC and Q3 are on axis x an specifically Q1 on the start of the axis, Q2 on the point X=0.1m and Q3 on the point X=0.3m

The loads Q1 an Q2 are moving with speeds u1 and u2, while the load Q3 is not moving. |u1|=|u2|=10^8 m/s.
If the total electric force that is being wielded on load Q1 equals zero calculate:
A) The value and the sign for load Q3
B)The magnetic force on load Q1.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So.... what's your question?

We aren't mind readers. You say you are having some trouble. What trouble are you having?

PostMortem

Joined Jul 27, 2012
So.... what's your question?

We aren't mind readers. You say you are having some trouble. What trouble are you having?
I'm having trouble solving them. I looked at my notes and there is no exercise similar to those so i don't know how to solve them. If you know any formulas(not sure if this is the right word) that i can use would be helpful.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So what can you do with regard to the first question? What if the question just had the first charge and asked you to find the magnetic and electric fields at point O? If so, what are they?