electromagnetic field

gabriel1234

Joined Dec 6, 2011
does anyone know if i were to combine two opposite electromagnetic fields together, also if i were to put together two electromagnetic fields. what would happpen and are there any resources i could read?
much appreciated if someone would help :)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The Completed Projects Forum is for Completed Projects only. It is meant to allow members to show plans for projects they built so other members can duplicate them if desired. Your thread does not belong in this forum, so was moved to a more appropriate forum.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
does anyone know if i were to combine two opposite electromagnetic fields together, also if i were to put together two electromagnetic fields. what would happpen and are there any resources i could read?
Electromagnetic fields are radio waves. How do you propose to "combine" them. Radio waves do not combine, they simply exist in the same space at the same time.

russ_hensel

Joined Jan 11, 2009
Electromagnetic fields are vector fields, they add like vectors. They can cancel each other out. Any basic E and M book will cover all of this, or most introductory physics texts. This is true if they are static or dymanic ( like radio waves ). The two different fields are related to each other by equations know as Maxwell's equations.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
According to Star Trek, it would be the end of the universe.....

I think you would just get cancellation if the E fields are opposite polarity and equal magnitude.