Electrical Stores or Surpluses in New Jersey?

ajm113

Joined Feb 19, 2011
Hello I'm moving to Edison, New Jersey and I was wondering if any of you know a electronics store or electronic surpluses around that I could get a great selection of parts and maybe at the same time have a good selection of ICs and microcontrollers (For when I'm ready to use different PICs).

There has to be some sort of store besides Radioshack around, because Jersey is a business/industry type of state and I'm guesting there has got to be a lot of electrical design engineers around that must want easy access to special parts that Radioshack can't deliver.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I am surprised no one has responded. Given the population density of NJ and NY I am surprised. They are getting rare nowdays, but they do exist. I would assume they exist there. When you find them maybe you can post it.

I would like to compile a list of such places, even internationally. Little outlets and nooks like this need our support to keep the numbers dwindling even further. I remember seeing more than one address for Scottsdale, AZ for such places.

ajm113

Joined Feb 19, 2011
That would be very helpful and I would support the store 100% if I found one. Heck I would buy something from it everyday.

I'm simply turning from a software/game engineer to a hybrid with electronics engineering, I'm simply loving this stuff so far. It would be great to go to a place that has employees that at least have a good knowledge of this stuff and can supply customers with good parts.

Well I searched all around Scottsdale using Google maps and my eyes a lot and there are 2 places, but it's internet resell only and they don't have anything such a PICs or micro controllers. It kinda amazes me they stay in business, they must have a few big customers.

Hey if you ever get the list going it could be pretty cool to get a small little search function going on allaboutcircuits. I would donate my time to help in anyway to get that going.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I've suggested it, they rejected it, but AAC does have the option for personal blogs. It would be a good way to do something like this. It would take someone to "webmaster" it. Me, I stay buried in projects, so I don't have time to commit for any new ones.

Some sources are OK, but bleh. Places like Radio Shack, Fries, and even MicroCenter carry some components. Their problem is they want to pay minimum wage, which means their component isles get short shrift. They aren't nearly as sexy as the computer hardware.

Dallas is blesst with 3 places I know of, though they aren't with in city limits. They are all in the North Dallas metroplex. I don't know about Ft. Worth. This is in addition to the usual subjects I mentioned in the previous paragraph.