electrical energy saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnadishan

Joined Nov 25, 2008
Hi, I've got some information on a computing based system - timetiq - for managing operations that use electrical energy - motors, lighting - incorporating the concept " no electricity" durations. In a full time working prototype, this system is said to reduce the amount of electricity by about 73% and 2/3 of the operating time it is not necessary to supply electricity. The overall electrical energy saving is said to be in both lower usage and utilizing no electricity durations to supply power to other equipment.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
In my city, electricity costs less at night and on weekends than during business hours.
The new electricity meters are smart.
I don't use my computer to tell me when to do chores that use a lot of electricity. Instead I use my brain and a clock.

dnadishan

Joined Nov 25, 2008
This system is effecting no electrcity time intervals in milli seconds during the operations, adding upto 2/3 of no power durations in total. As far as I know, smart electricity meters are not doing that, but if your brain and your clock can do that, great!! Tell us how you do. Or else, why not look up for some more information on timetiq
?

anaperera

Joined Oct 24, 2012
Usually, after a "no electricity" duration, even if it is in milliseconds, the current ( Amperage) drawn by the equipment (e.g. motor) is higher than before the "no electricity" time.

How high is that current in this prototype? I ask this, as it is difficult to view that info from the streaming graph and the streaming table, in that website.

And, usually, in motors, when the electricity supply is not continuous and smooth (in voltage, frequency) hum and other noises occur. The short video doesn't reveal any. Is it actually without any such noises?

dnadishan

Joined Nov 25, 2008
You can briefly freeze the streaming graph (and table) to figure out the Amperage just after each 'no electricty' duration.You will kindly note that the current drawn at that point is not as high as 'usually' found as the 'no electricty' durations are determined by computing based method to ensure no extra amperage is drawn, as well as no hum or other noises. What you see and hear on short video is a full time operating prototype.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
What is a "no electricity" time?
Is it when your electricity fails or is it when the electricity is shut off in your area so that another area can be powered?

I think it is called "load sharing" in some countries.

Electricity keeps on going and going in Canada because it was designed to keep on going.
Electricity consumption in Canada is dropping because appliances use less power than before, fewer people heat their homes with electricity and compact fluorescent light bulbs and LEDs have replaced many wasteful incandescent light bulbs and Christmas tree lights.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
So.. you guys (AAC) are allowing this blatant advertising?

Not that I can understand what it even does with the bad translations to "engrish"

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
So.. you guys (AAC) are allowing this blatant advertising?

Not that I can understand what it even does with the bad translations to "engrish"
It is pure snake oil. No doubt about that. If I am not very wrong the thread will be deleted soon

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
This thread will be closed for two reasons:

First it consists clear advertizing and advertizing is prohibited in AAC.
Secondly, it treads in the realm of overunity and the unfounded claims of the OP don't help.

I won't ban the OP for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.