Electric circuit for a battery, solarpanel and motor

tomakos

Joined Feb 18, 2009
Hi, as i've said in another http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?p=139225#post139225
post.

Now i drew a circuit but it is probably still full with things that arrent correct so I'll ask your help in this one.

the meaning of this is that the second transitor makes sure that the power is at a constant level. If there is less sun it will dissipite more current from the battery and vice versa. The first transistor will make sure that the battery wont run out of capacity too soon.

The potentio meter is later going to be changed by a circuit which can regulate the gate of the transistor by calculations from the race itself.

the capacitor befor the second transistor make sure the changements of currenct wont happen too quickly.

so you guys think this can work? what can be better, or what do you think about it

Attachments

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
The capacitor before the second transistor will prevent the second transistor from conducting.

What does "ACCU" mean in this context?

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Re drew solar panel power curve & V vs I. " see no case where there would be surplus solar for battery charging under way, unless stuck on sand bar.Solar and Battery[ Accumulator] both have DC-DC converters to allow max pwr from each to run motor at max pwr. Max solar power is about 600W. motor 1100W -600W Solar= 500 W to be supplied by Battery[K], @ 11.4A. If kept at that rate could run about 1 3/4 hrs.[ neglecting many losses.When either H or J in and out are close together then H and or J could be bypassed, saving losses. MS = meter shunt, 50 mV to monitor current. All -> go to control pannel, electronic or operator. Switches A-F solid state DC relays. Enough for today- it's late.

Attachments