electret microphone power circuit

thebarleymow

Joined Jun 4, 2009
I am a musician and a relative electronics thicko - but with a practical bent. For many years now I have been using electret mics for voice and various intruments. I have previously purchased "tie clip" electret microphones with separate 1.5v (AAA battery) power packs which include a potentiometer for volume control. These do the job very well but I would like to use electret mics which I purchased from CPC and to replicate the circuitry myself, placed inside boxes of my own design. I know, from looking inside the commercial units and from seeing some circuits on line, that the circuitry is very simple, but I need someone who knows their stuff to set out the circuitry (plus relative PCB layout) with all the relevant component values so that I can purchase the few components necessary and construct my own units.
Many thanks.

thebarleymow

Joined Jun 4, 2009
Thank you for the quick response. I found that site myself when internet searching, but unfortunately the circuits shown do not use a AAA 1.5v battery. Which elements do I need to change and to what values? I was just going to use veroboard or something similar but how do I lay out the circuitry? As an electronics thicko these are the bits which cause the big problems for me!