electret microphone power circuit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by thebarleymow, Jun 4, 2009.

1. thebarleymow

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I am a musician and a relative electronics thicko - but with a practical bent. For many years now I have been using electret mics for voice and various intruments. I have previously purchased "tie clip" electret microphones with separate 1.5v (AAA battery) power packs which include a potentiometer for volume control. These do the job very well but I would like to use electret mics which I purchased from CPC and to replicate the circuitry myself, placed inside boxes of my own design. I know, from looking inside the commercial units and from seeing some circuits on line, that the circuitry is very simple, but I need someone who knows their stuff to set out the circuitry (plus relative PCB layout) with all the relevant component values so that I can purchase the few components necessary and construct my own units.
    Many thanks.

2. StayatHomeElectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 25, 2008
  3. thebarleymow

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Thank you for the quick response. I found that site myself when internet searching, but unfortunately the circuits shown do not use a AAA 1.5v battery. Which elements do I need to change and to what values? I was just going to use veroboard or something similar but how do I lay out the circuitry? As an electronics thicko these are the bits which cause the big problems for me!

4. radiohead

May 28, 2009