elective subjects...........

Ak_47

Joined Dec 19, 2010
I have to elect one of the following for my 5th semester elective subjects:
1. electric machines design
2. digital electronis
3. object oriented programming(in C++)
what is the significance of each, need help??????

ht systems

Joined Aug 2, 2011
hello there :
1 ) electronic machine design : you have to know how to use most of the electonic elements and know what is the volt and the Amp and what does your machine need to build an electronic system . see this project http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=58700
when i started to design electronic systems for machines i needed logic gates so much which would take us to your next post
2 ) digital electonic : digital electronic contain 1/0 input and out put , study the ttl analog gates ( AND / OR / NOT .....etc ) those gates are important to build a system and you need to know how they work befor you start with microchip .
3 ) c++ language programming microchip such as ( pic / atmel ) , your can design the microchip to do what you need in your system but its not easy to learn .

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
ht systems said:
3 ) c++ language programming microchip such as ( pic / atmel ) , your can design the microchip to do what you need in your system but its not easy to learn .
I think you have mistaken a bit, OOP i.e.. Object oriented programming is not used in embedded system like programming for microcontrollers or microprocessors. Rather we use system programming language like C or Assembly.

@AK 47
OOP is mostly used for application programming like the application runs under Windows, Linux or Mac i.e.. under some Operating System as application programming is quite complex and OOP makes it easier for us programmers.OOP is supported by many languages like C++ ,Java ,dot Net(C#,VB.Net,C++.Net) and more.

And about digital electronic it have a great significance ,as today electronic means digital electronic their are few branches left for analog electronic(analog electronic is also very important for digital electronic),TTL analog gates are been replaced by CMOS logic circuits anyway studying them is all good. Here in AAC we have a very good e-book for digital electronic: http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_4/index.html

And about electric machines design it deals with mechanical part in electrical engineering. You can say a bit knowledge of mechanical engineering.

Good Luck

Ak_47

Joined Dec 19, 2010
Actually I am equally interseted in oop and digital electronics and finding it hard to choose for one. what would u suggest??

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
Hard to tell...one takes you towards software engineering and another to digital electronic engineering. Both are related to Computer science i.e.. Hardware and software. I like both so I choose both.

If you have some knowledge on electronic then start with digital electronic. Else if you have some knowledge on programming start with OOP but to understand OOP first you need to learn programming .OOP is just a tool used in high level languages its not a language itself.

Good Luck

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Actually I am equally interseted in oop and digital electronics and finding it hard to choose for one. what would u suggest??
The digital electronics may be broad enough to cover programming, but at best a single course can only gloss over it. OOP will be hard core programming, but geared for a PC platform.

If I could only take one I would take the digital electronics, though I think both is the best choice.