elec. scooter throttles in reverse w/ freewheel lever down.

SkyPleege

Joined Jul 27, 2010
My Pride Sundancer mobility scooter has its own life in reverse! With the ignition key out and the scoot on blocks, I engaged the 'freewheel' (manual lever in 'up' position). inserted key and got a loud click. Figured it was the safety working. Repeated above steps except I disengaged, (lever in 'down' position), and it throttled in reverse. This it did without my using the forward or reverse lever (push left or right). It continued to boogie backwards (on blocks), regardless of the lever being pushed to forward or reverse until I pulled the key out. My manual us useless and I can't even find an elec. schem. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanx Muchly

Gdrumm

Joined Aug 29, 2008
Was there an issue that caused you to put it on blocks?

What type of transaxle does it have?

What does it do off the blocks?

There may be safties built in for protection of the user in unforseen situations.

On blocks, modern cars do weird things too...

SkyPleege

Joined Jul 27, 2010
I was incapacitated for a bit and it got wet. I let it Dry completely before recharging. when I did it wouldn't go but tried in reverse. The manual says to use a jack to test. Good thing because when it is on flat ground, I boogies backward without my using the throttle at all. I chased it on my bum. Its okay to laugh if you picture it, I sure did. I'll try to find out about the axle, but my manual us useless in that area. it only covers batteries, how to get on and off... that sort of ultra helpful info.
I does have a safety shut off, and I believe that is the loud click. I have power to horn but there aren't lights or brakes on this model. the manual is online, as it was donated to me. Alas, no warranty. Does this help while I search the axle query?

SkyPleege

Joined Jul 27, 2010
I have looked for the model # and the only info so far is a sticker on the motor faded beyond all recognition. The 'online' manual which doesn't match all aspects of my scoot, also all I have found so far, doesn't say more than rear wheel drive. How can I find out manually? And Thanks for your effort and time so far! ;)
.....Drive System Rear-wheel drive, sealed trans-axle with a 24 volt DC motor

Last edited: