Efficiency Plot In Pspice

Mustafatarhan49

Joined Aug 16, 2012
Hello guys,

I was checking buck converter datasheet from ti, LT. Is there anyone who can help me to find out how to plot efficiency curve like what they plot efficiency curve in their datasheet :)?
Fyi : I am using PSpice Orcad 16.3

Thanks

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I have only little experience with orcad´s spice, does it allow you to enter the expression that you want to plot? Then you should be able to run either a DC analysis or a parametric sweep to get that.

But I think that for the graphs in datasheets they use a completely different technique, called pencil and paper.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I have only little experience with orcad´s spice, does it allow you to enter the expression that you want to plot? Then you should be able to run either a DC analysis or a parametric sweep to get that.

But I think that for the graphs in datasheets they use a completely different technique, called pencil and paper.
I did a million graphs for data sheets and what was used varied a lot over the years. Towards the end we were using a "standardized" graph box (size and line weights always the same) where we drew the data curve in manually then we saved it as a TIF image. For scope photos, it was a little more complicated.

I used Canvas 11 software but most people used Vizio.