ebook correction

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
We are glad you like the AAC website. It is the fruit of our collective efforts.

You are right in your comment, it is a mistake.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The answer is "no", since I won't be the one doing the correction and I won't be adding units.

But I 'm sure the one who will, will do. ;)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Interesting, I've never seen them use courier font to keep everything lined up inside the book. This book still surprises me. Lets see if this translates well, the forum software is different than the book or HTML pages.

And the answer is nope. It merges them into one common mass. Looks like I'm going to have to go to graphics for the first time.

Near as I can tell the error itself is one of not including units.

REE = 26mv/1ma = 26Ω
Rin = βREE = 100(26) = 2600Ω

Better? I'll put this in the errors log on the sticky.

To the OP, thank you for really reading, you just made the book a little better.

Attachments

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Near as I can tell the error itself is one of not including units.

REE = 26mv/1ma = 26Ω
Rin = βREE = 100(26) = 2600Ω

Better?
Better, but not there yet. It is still missing units. Also, units that are someone's name should use capital letters (but they should not be capitalized when spelled out). So it is 26mV, but 26 millivolts.

It should be:

REE = 26mV/1mA = 26Ω
Rin = βREE = 100(26Ω) = 2600Ω

To the OP, thank you for really reading, you just made the book a little better.
And I'm not!?!?! ;)

Thanks!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The input is appreciated.

You could help proof the rest of the book and find fresh material that needs corrected, as the OP has done.

I'm trying to help the editor ultimately make the corrections. We all do our part.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I want to and hope to. As it is right now, I am spending WAY too much time on AAC, but can't break away from it!

There are topics that I would like to present on some blog pages that, hopefully, would eventually be incorporated into the e-book. But, at least to this point, I have successfully been able to force myself not to jump down that rabbit hole until other things are taken care of, or overtaken by events.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You're doing a great job! Hope you can keep at it.

Like you, I find it hard to get away from it but we know you're doing it unselfishly and for a good cause.

I hear the fire is situation is improving and people are being allowed back to their homes, the ones that are still standing.