Ebay Delivery problems!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I have never had so many delivery problems as I had with one particular seller.

I ordered some SMD micro USB connectors from Ebay. The first order got lost somewhere in Detroit (about 4 hours drive from here).

The seller sent another order. Tracking # says it was delivered but I never got it.

I am in a townhouse community so we have one of those stacked mailboxes where all home owners have their own box. Each is lockable and mine is always locked and only accessible by me. Only the Postal Carrier (Diane and wow is she a cutey :) ). Has access to the whole box.

The only thing I can figure is she could have accidentally placed the delivery in the wrong box which happens from time to time. If it landed in my neighbors mailbox then I am almost certain he would have tossed it out. He is an lazy drunk that is a total azz. I call him pea brain as is brain must be the size of a pea an that is generous.

Has anyone had a delivery from Ebay, the tracking number said it arrived but did not get the item? I have contacted the seller about this but he says it is out of his hands. P.O. says I should contact the Postal Inspector.

I find it awfully strange that the first delivery was lost and also the second one. Seller gets a 99.8% rating so it is hard to believe seller is up to something and it would be hard if not impossible to fake a tracking number but still.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
"Has anyone had a delivery from Ebay, the tracking number said it arrived but did not get the item?"

Yeah, 3-4 times.

FedEx is the worst shipper out there.
Until 2 years ago, they always knew where I lived.
Now, it/they; go to other houses.:rolleyes:

Post office and UPS, delivers with zero problems.
Most sellers will ship out your items, even if your tracking numbers never show up.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
"Has anyone had a delivery from Ebay, the tracking number said it arrived but did not get the item?"

Yeah, 3-4 times.

Now, it/they; go to other houses.:rolleyes:

Post office and UPS, delivers with zero problems.
Most sellers will ship out your items, even if your tracking numbers never show up.

This seller is not interested in sending it again. And I am not sure I blame him / her. As I said, this it the second time they have had to send out this order.

It is really easy to miss deliver once in a while with one of those neighborhood boxes. If it were me delivering I would be making mistakes all of the time! :)

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
My mailbox sits over a quarter mile away from my house.
They shouldn't get it mixed up with anyone else.
It's the only box out there.

Maybe they could refund your bucks?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
My mailbox sits over a quarter mile away from my house.
They shouldn't get it mixed up with anyone else.
It's the only box out there.
I was not talking about your mailbox, I was talking about mine.

Maybe they could refund your bucks?
Who??? The seller? If so, why would they? As far as they are concerned product was delivered. EBay might that is why I was asking if anyone ever got a refund.

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
If you paid with a credit card - it has protections for situations like this... see if they will let you file a claim. If you paid with paypal, well, I'm not sure if they have these type of protections as it's a bit of a gray area.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
If you paid with a credit card - it has protections for situations like this... see if they will let you file a claim. If you paid with paypal, well, I'm not sure if they have these type of protections as it's a bit of a gray area.
It is ebay so I paid with paypal. I do not believe there is an option to do otherwise, nor do I think I would want to.

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
Even still - it probably went through a credit card or debit card unless you paid with money in your paypal account.

If the transaction ultimately went through your credit card or debit card you do have protections with those cards... it's worth your time to call them and find out what your protections are.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
USPS usually gets it to the right place because the mail lady knows our names. But UPS, FEDEX, only get it right 50% of the time. In my 'burb, all the streets are "Park ___" (Park Maple, Park Plum, Park Mist, etc.), they all have a 21126 address, and some of them change names as they go through. Also, right up the street is a 21226. So every time my tracking says "delivered" and it's not on my porch, I go to 21226 because that's usually where it is. If it's not there, I go one street at a time, checking the 21126's. One time I ran out of 21126's and started on 21226's. Found my package on a strangers porch, 3 streets over and at the wrong address number. It does feel weird going up to someone's door and removing a package from their porch.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
USPS usually gets it to the right place because the mail lady knows our names. But UPS, FEDEX, only get it right 50% of the time. In my 'burb, all the streets are "Park ___" (Park Maple, Park Plum, Park Mist, etc.), they all have a 21126 address, and some of them change names as they go through. Also, right up the street is a 21226. So every time my tracking says "delivered" and it's not on my porch, I go to 21226 because that's usually where it is. If it's not there, I go one street at a time, checking the 21126's. One time I ran out of 21126's and started on 21226's. Found my package on a strangers porch, 3 streets over and at the wrong address number. It does feel weird going up to someone's door and removing a package from their porch.
I would watch that. It could still be considered theft. Certainly ttrespassing

And probably get you shot in a place like Texas.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Yeah, 3-4 times.

Now, it/they; go to other houses.
Same problem here.

I've been here for 14 years and they still cant find me most of the time. They can find my wife though.

1:4 of my packages end up at the wrong house (never the same wrong house either) but my wife is averaging 100% on getting her stuff and it's the same guys who deliver here. :confused:

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
spinnaker: definitely contact EBay and express your concerns. I would be honest and tell them exactly what you told us: you suspect the mail carrier put your package in the wrong box and it is gone. EBay has a money back guarantee policy THEY enforce, not the seller.

I've been lucky with deliveries. We live in a detached single family home with our very own mail box. Most EBay stuff comes USPS and that is never a problem. My wife gets lots of deliveries for her business here so the UPS and Fed-Ex guys all know to just leave stuff on the side of the house, though the occasional replacement guy will just dump by the front door which will be there later anyway.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
To me, it depends on the value. If it was more than 5 dollars or reqire less than 30 minutes of my time to get resolved, I would complain. Otherwise, I would just order again from another seller. I have kind of accepted that things and people do not work well. This line of thought has removed a lot of stress from my life.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
The only thing I can figure is she could have accidentally placed the delivery in the wrong box which happens from time to time. If it landed in my neighbors mailbox then I am almost certain he would have tossed it out.
Your local post office will have documentation of delivery and if they put it in the wrong box that falls on them to either retrieve the item or pay for the replacement and shipping costs.

That's who you need to talk to. Everyone else up the shipping line before them is not at fault.