Easy Question -Using an alarm companies 433mhz fob to operate a 433 Hz door control - does it work?

CamaLamaDD

Joined Aug 23, 2015
Situation:

Customer currently has a 4 button key fob from DSC alarms 2 remotely disarm and arm their security system. We installed a simple wireless system for their new automatic doors. The push buttons to open the wheelchair access door have transmitters to a receiver located in the automatic door header. Both their key fob and my wireless buttons work at 433 MHz.

Simple Question:

Can I utilize the disarm button on the DSC alarm key fob and sync it with my automatic door receiver to disarm the system and open the doors at the same time?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Since the signals are normally security coded (often with a rolling code) between the transmitter and receiver, I doubt it.

CamaLamaDD

Joined Aug 23, 2015
That makes sense. Can you point me in the direction for a simple explanation on how that works? Or if you're feeling motivated, can you give me a dummy version? Always wondered how that worked.

What you might be able to do is locate a disarm LED or some other signal. If there was a simple ARM LED that went off when the system was disarmed, you could conger up some device that would look at the falling edge and take the remote for the door and have it powered up with say some non-battery operated supply and "push" the button on the remote. An OPTO FET can do the button pushing.

You need to assure that loosing power or some other way that would cause the ARM light to extinguish won't cause the door to open. There might be contact closures that you can use too.