easy on the eyes ... invert win xp colors

jut

Joined Aug 25, 2007
I thought I should share this tip. Late last night I was reading a PDF and began to be annoyed at all the white light blasting my eyes. I thought it would be nice to change all that white space into black and make the text white. So I began googling ways to invert win xp colors. I found three methods that were not satisfying: 1. using the magnifier to invert colors -- only does 1/2 screen max, 2. changing to high contrast via Accessibility Options in control panel -- looks bad, doesn't invert everything, 3. download a program called PowerStrip to change graphic card settings (invert colors) -- not compatible with my Nvidia GPU.

Finally I stumbled into the Color Correction in nView. Under the graph tab you can change the slope of the "color correcting line". By default it has a slope of 1 and crosses at 0, 0. To invert the colors, you click/drag the handles to give it a slope of -1.

Does anybody else invert their colors, or find the need to sometimes?

jut

Joined Aug 25, 2007
I'm guessing that was a function on his laptop that turned down brightness.

If you have an Nvidia GPU and are running nView it's fairly easy to get the black w/white text via color inversion.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Nope, only on certain video cards. Happens all the time at work, not that I know anything about it. :rolleyes: My personal computer uses an AIW 8500 card, and is immune from your Dark Forces. Sure is fun watching people who've never seen it before though.