Earth Fault Relay for a three phase motor

JeromeDarshana

Joined Sep 17, 2010
My project is to make a protection unit that guard a three phase induction motor. It includes a earth fault relay but I don't have any idea about it. if someone know about three phase earth fault detector just three phase ah no any neutral includes to it plz help me.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
My project is to make a protection unit that guard a three phase induction motor. It includes a earth fault relay but I don't have any idea about it. if someone know about three phase earth fault detector just three phase ah no any neutral includes to it plz help me.
I recently worked on an electric pressure washer for a friend. The motor wasn't 3-phase but the ground fault protection was simply a relay built into the large plug. I'm guessing you'd want one relay that would trip when a ground fault was detected on any phase.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
A three phase ground fault detector works just like a single phase unit. All conductors that are supposed to be current carrying go through the sense coil. Any ground fault causes the sense coil to output a voltage which causes the trip condition.