eagle shrinkage

mxabeles

Joined Apr 25, 2009
hi am finally getting the hang of eagle, made my first working pcb (555 4017 led chaser). Cool, now I'm moving on to my real projects, first of which is 16bit LFSR x 2 circuit. The circuit should work, but I wanted to print MULTIPLE layouts on a single transparency.
I exported image (tiff, 300 resolution) to photoshop. Made 3 copies and then printed them. Developed, etched, and drilled only to then realize the artwork was just a tad smaller than original ! Impossible to fit IC sockets! Aaargh. Any body have similar issue or suggestions?
Thanks,
Max
PS i printed out the exact same circuit straight from eagle and there were no issues in size.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Be sure in your print properties, that there is no 'Fit to Page' or similar setting turned on.

A lot of time the printer will print the page at 95% or so.

Turn this off.

Most printers cant print edge to edge on a piece of paper, so if you set a page that is 8.5" x 11", it will print at 8.25" x 10.5" so it can fit in the print area.

You *must* make sure you have NO scaling settings set. Set to print at 100%.

mxabeles

Joined Apr 25, 2009
cool i fixed it...i was using some lame freeware now i'm using a different lame freeware to crop copy n print ha