Eagle PCB

Iodem_Asakura

Joined Sep 14, 2004
Does some body know how can i search some device (such a capacitor) of some specified large, like 1.5 cm. Or even if i have put a device in my board or schematic, know the dimensions of it?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

I'm not familiar with Eagle PCB, but you should be able to add components to its device libraries. I use Tango PCB, and have several large libraries with components added using the published dimensions in my parts catalogs. I classify them by type and size, so searching for something that fits is fairly easy.

There is also a freeware CAD program called PCB123. The version 2 that runs under Windows XP has every device in the Digi-Key catalog in the device library. If you're not too invested in Eagle, you might give PCB123 a look.

I know of it because I have looked into version 1 that runs with Windows 98. It's disapointing because it's pretty limited. The XP version might be very good, but I don't use that os.

Firestorm

Joined Jan 24, 2005
I know of it because I have looked into version 1 that runs with Windows 98. It's disapointing because it's pretty limited. The XP version might be very good, but I don't use that os.
Linux?
Eagle is a pretty good pcb maker mainly because it is widely known. I've only used it a few times, but pcb123 looks promising :D
thx l8er

-fire

bennitech

Joined Jul 26, 2005
Originally posted by Firestorm@May 29 2005, 04:44 AM
Linux?
Eagle is a pretty good pcb maker mainly because it is widely known. I've only used it a few times, but pcb123 looks promising :D
thx l8er

-fire
[post=8020]Quoted post[/post]​
Careful what you agree to. When you agree with PCB123's license, through the normal process of due dilligence you will notice the following clause...

"This Agreement does not allow you to use the Software with non-authorized PCB suppliers or to generate PCB manufacturing information through any other method."

That's right! If you agree to their license, then legally you can not use ANYTHING ELSE to create PCB layouts in spite of whether or not you already use it, whether or not it is licensed and regardless of which other PCB manufacturing companies you may wish to use. You are shoehorned into PCB123 use and their manufacturing - unless the contract is legally broken.

I know that this can be interpreted to mean "...or to generate PCB manufacturing information through any other method for use by PCB123.", but it DOESN'T!!

Read the licensing - "Free" is usually not so!
However, if it does not concern you then it becomes you're own problem.

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by bennitech@Jul 26 2005, 02:39 PM
"This Agreement does not allow you to use the Software with non-authorized PCB suppliers or to generate PCB manufacturing information through any other method."

That's right!  If you agree to their license, then legally you can not use ANYTHING ELSE to create PCB layouts in spite of whether or not you already use it, whether or not it is licensed and regardless of which other PCB manufacturing companies you may wish to use.
It's all a matter of interpretation
"This Agreement does not allow you to ..... generate PCB manufacturing information through any other method."
No. and it doesn't forbid you to, either.

I don't know about the US, but in English law a legally binding agreement is a contract and one of the conditions of a contract is that there has to be a consideration.

'Free' means no consideration. No consideration - no contract. No contract - no obligation.
[post=9269]Quoted post[/post]​