e-cigarettes

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I bought one kit a few days ago, and today refill liquids arrived.

It is working out very well- I smoke much less regular cigarettes.

Instead of buying a box for 9 Euro here, I add a few drops liquid (about 20 to 30 cents).

And it is much much healthier.

I can only recommend e-cigarettes.

Basically, it is a lithium battery, heating elemet, and a small tank with nicotine liquid. These liquids are sold in many flavours, price can be as low as just 2.50 Euro for a chinese brand.

The battery has to be recharged often, but with USB, it is very simple.

Attachments

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Its usually available with up to 24 mg per mL of nicotine
6mg, 12mg, 16/18mg, 24mg are the most common strengths..

Its also available in 0mg if you just like the flavors..

Just waiting on the FDA to report on it then the government to tax it like they do regular cigs..
I only buy juice with "approved" (USP grade FEMA/GRAS ingredients).. aka no Chinese crap.. who knows what they put in those..

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
One company sells 36mg nicotine, even higher.

We usually get 24 mg, then thin it out with PG/VG, making our own formula.

Been using the Ego Twist for about 3 years.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I puffed really a lot basically all the cartridges that came with the set.

Refills arrived just today. I ordered two bottles:

Watermelon 24mg
Vanilla 18mg

I did this in order to see if the desire to smoke regular cigarettes is reduced or is stopped completely.

And it works!

I only smoke a few regular one's now, and I don't like the harsh taste anymore.

Getting rid of lighters + matches.
Getting rid of rolling papers, tobacco remains + cardboard remains
Getting rid of ash + butts
Saving a lot of money

Besides, it is really better for the health. In a few days I have improved like when stopping completely.

The glycol solution as it looks has no effects on the health.

The Statements of upto 220 puffs from one cartridge are grossly exxagerated. I don't know if I really put 1mL into them for refill, but it lasts me just a coule of hours. Towards the end, there is not much vapour generated anymore.

The cartridges seem to work best when they just have been refilled.

Tobacco prices skyrocketed in past years.
When I was young, a box costed about 2 Euro (3 dollars), then the price increased steadily.
Some years ago it was just 4 Euro for rolling tobacco but now it's 5 Euro.
I can remember some years ago the cheap brands costed less than 2 Euro for 50 grams- now it's 5 Euro for 12 grams.

The e-cigarette solutions cost me maybe 50 cent/day.

Smoking costs back to realistic, affordable levels.

It's really nice you can smoke without having a cigarette burning, or the risk it will burn holes into clothing, laptop, table etc.

I am more than happy with the results of trying ecigarettes.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012

Mickster

Joined Jan 10, 2010
@takao
You may want to look at mixing your own liquids, as it works out far cheaper in the long run.
Once you find a flavour, or a couple, that you like, you can get the concentrate and diluents, along with the Nicotine solution.
There are a couple of things to consider first, how much vapour and how much throat hit you would like. AG (Aqueous Glycerine - 85% Glycerine + 15% H2O) produces the vapour and smoothens the mix, PG (Propylene Glycol - the main diluent) produces no vapour and contributes little to the throat hit, but is still required. The Nicotine solution gives the throat hit.

I'd suggest an 80/20 mix of PG/AG to start with.

Let's say you want an 18mg/ml 10ml mix, using 72mg/ml Nicotine solution (PG-based).
72/18=4, so a quarter of the mix will be the Nicotine solution.... 2.5ml (25% PG)
Next, you add the flavour at 15%, so 1.5ml of PG-based flavour (Now 40% PG)
Add 2.0ml of AG for the 20% part of the mix (Now 40% PG, 20% AG)
The rest, to bring up to 10ml, is plain PG at 4.0ml (Final 80% PG, 20% AG)
Give the mix a good shake and label the bottle.
Some flavours are good to use right away, others need to 'steep' in a cool, dark place for a few days.

HTH.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
argueable they do a lot less wear to the lungs
No dispute that the harm is probably less than burning cigarettes. The point is they promote and prolong the nicotine addiction which is the core problem.

My brother worked in the area of drug addiction for 30 years. He told me that all the addicts said the same thing: nicotine is harder to kick than either heroin or meth.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
My brother worked in the area of drug addiction for 30 years. He told me that all the addicts said the same thing: nicotine is harder to kick than either heroin or meth.
That is interesting. I have never used heroin or meth, but I smoked cigarettes for 15 years and wound up with a pack and a half per day addiction. One day at work, I ran out of cigs and had no money to buy more, so i did without for three hours. When I got home, there were none there, etc. To cut it short, I wound up going to bed early without smoking. The next morning, I realized that it had been 16 hours or so without them. I decided to put off smoking as long as I could. After two weeks of decreasing agony, I finally decided I could quit. It was two years before I got over the habituation. Now, 37 years later, I still occasionally want one, and sometimes dream about smoking. But I don't. If I smoked one cigarette today, I would smoke a pack tomorrow.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I just don't like the vapor cloud and the jackasses who think it is allowed in public places because they are not actually smoking. Sorry if one of you e-cig users fall into by broad jackass generalization but I don't want to smell it while I'm eating.

I also can't believe some states allow smoking in outdoor seating areas of restaurants but that is another topic...

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012

Uh-oh, another bust in the infamous, "War on Drugs".:rolleyes:

Sure has made the private, prison for profit system, very wealthy.

Maybe they'll grow up someday, and make marijuana legal.

Think of how insane it is, to outlaw a plant. While legal drug pushers, (Pharmaceuticals); make a mint.

They already tried banning alcohol......;)

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I have mail ordered 2 bottles, 24mg and 18mg and I use these liquids as they are. They costed 5 Euro alltogether, and arrived the next day after ordering.

Before of that, I paid 20 or 25 Euro a week for smoking, and my health was affected by the smoke a lot.

I already feel much better, after using the ecigarette for a few days. today I only smoked two regular cigarettes.

So who are the bad guys?

Ecigarettes are not smoking devices. They are vaporizing devices. There is nothing burning, no tar or condensate.

All together the liquid I used did not even cost one Euro!

And the chinese brand is based on natural tobacco extracts.

Why pay a premium for just 180 or 240 mg nicotine?

Plants contain 0.3 to 3 percent nicotine. So for 240 mg, about 25 gram plant matter is used.

How much does it cost to grow 25 grams tobacco?

One big problem really solved now, good news for 2014.

I can only recommend ecigarettes- all the problems associated with smoking are gone from my life.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Feedback and Suggestions 20
G General Electronics Chat 20