dumb problem

terrakota

Joined Feb 8, 2005
Hi,

u can call me dumb :), but i cant solve a simple book problem

- whats the voltage output for a low pass rc filter at the following dB(decibels) with 8v rms input voltage:

-1 db, -3db, -6db, -20db

i know whats the voltage at -3db because is 70.7% of the input voltage but cant figure out the rest .

any help how to solve this please??

please excuse my poor english

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Originally posted by terrakota@Aug 31 2005, 06:11 PM
Hi,

u can call me dumb :), but i cant solve a simple book problem

- whats the voltage output for a low pass rc filter at the following dB(decibels) with 8v rms input voltage:

-1 db, -3db, -6db, -20db

i know whats the voltage at -3db because is 70.7% of the input voltage but cant figure out the rest .

any help how to solve this please??

please excuse my poor english
[post=10063]Quoted post[/post]​
Here is a link to the equations you need to solve your problem. The link is to the "Reference" section in the "All About Circuits" tutorials. Your problems involve finding the value of Av(ratio). Once you have the ratio, you can multiply it be the input voltage level of 8V rms and get the final answer.

hgmjr

terrakota

Joined Feb 8, 2005
Originally posted by hgmjr@Aug 31 2005, 07:18 PM
Here is a link to the equations you need to solve your problem. The link is to the "Reference" section in the "All About Circuits" tutorials. Your problems involve finding the value of Av(ratio). Once you have the ratio, you can multiply it be the input voltage level of 8V rms and get the final answer.

hgmjr
[post=10065]Quoted post[/post]​
Great thanks for the link and sorry about the duplicate post