Dual Seven Segment Electronic dice 0-6/1-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briliiantsam

Joined Feb 23, 2010
Hi, I don't know if this is the best forum to ask for help from but I really desperately need some.

I'm currently doing Electronics GCSE and I'm trying to create two seven segment dice (cathode) using a NE555 IC to create a pulse and two 4026Be to receive it and generate the display. However, I really need to at least get the dice to reset at 7 so the dice only displays the numbers 1-6. Since I have to use circuits in the 4000 series CMOS, I decided to adapt a reset from another student which is only able to display the numbers 0-6 should it work. Unfortunately, the student does not understand the reset circuit completely. My teacher looked at the reset I had adapted and changed some things himself and said it would work. I have created the circuit and yet the reset doesn't work! The Chips I am using for this are two sets of 4049 and 4082 IC's and I really need to find out what I am doing incorrectly. I have a design created in the program "DT Pro Desktop" which shows the basic layout of the circuit. Please help me if you can. :confused:

IC's from the top left: 4049, 4082, 4049, 4082
IC's from bottom left: NE555, 4026Be, 4026Be

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.