dual polarity from a single supply

Earthshaker

Joined Apr 24, 2005
I got thinking the other day after reading an article that used a capicitor to power a small audio project, would it work to use 2 large value capacitors in series with the + terminal on one cap going to supply + (12 v) the - terminal of this cap connected to the + terminal of the other cap and the - terminal on cap #2 going to ground?, therefore providing a center tapped 12 volt supply (actually +6 and -6 v with a common ground), it works with 9 volt batteries to provide +9v and -9v with a common "ground". I don't have any large caps to try this myself.

zhi_yi

Joined May 15, 2005
hi, what is the function of zener diode there??? on that circuits

thanks for the answer ^^

Originally posted by mozikluv@May 1 2005, 08:56 PM
hi earthshaker,

are you referring to this kind of circuit that deriving a dual rail supply from a single rail?
[post=7406]Quoted post[/post]​

zhi_yi

Joined May 15, 2005
oh, i c, thank you ^_^

erm.. please tell me how to use relay with 5 pin on it, 6 v can you give me the example with using relay on a circuit please? thanks :)

David Bridgen

Joined Feb 10, 2005
please tell me how to use relay with 5 pin on it
Two of the pins will be the coil connections. Two of them will be to the normally open or normally closed contacts and the other one may be the third contact if they are a change-over set.
6 v can you give me the example with using relay on a circuit please? thanks
The coil could have its energising voltage applied with a mechanical switch or a transistor.
It would be helpful to you if you knew the contact rating.