dso 400 series scope

mark short

Joined Mar 30, 2009
Does anyone know where i can buy spares for the above. I need a new rubber switch membrane that fits behind the switch circuit board.

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
Hi.

You will be very lucky to get any spares other than those that are standard components.
I have one of these that needs an Input amp IC. These are custom components and are no longer available. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Is the membrane totaly useless or can it just be cleaned. I have 4 of these scopes and have managed to clean 1 of the keyboards to get it working again.

Other than that, they do come up on E-bay from time to time as repair or spares, although they do go for around 40 to 70 GBP.

Best of luck.

Daniel.

mark short

Joined Mar 30, 2009
Hi,
I have tried cleaning the conductive rubber contacts but this does not seem to work. If I cant get a new membrane, then does any one know of a reliable flexable conductive material I could recoat the contacts with.

Regards, Mark.

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
I do believe there is a conductive repair paint available for this. try CPC, RS components or rapid electronics.
Are all the keys dissfunctional or just a few?

If it is all then it may be a problem with the multiplex addressing from the CPU.

Daniel.