Drowsiness Detection

ankitbharali

Joined Apr 6, 2011
I am doing a project on Drowsiness Detection system for cars where i am using webcam which was later modified to work as a infrared webcam during both day and night condition.Our principle is , for each change in frame I want to generate a pulse that will be fed to two infrared illuminators which should glow alternately, synchronizing with frames captured by the webcam (i.e30 fps).I am working on a software called SCILAB similar to matlab which has its own source code for image processing .I am working with windows pc.So this above mention software is going to display ,capture and process each and every frames.Its not necessary to save any kind of datas regarding pulse generations apart from generating pulses for PWM.Thus my only requirement for this project is to have a system which can generate electrical pulses for every change in frames.

ankitbharali

Joined Apr 6, 2011
NO i need to generate syncing pulse from each frame changes I want to generate pulse each time a new frame comes from the camera.i want to make a circuit for this.

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Just a nutty idea: It sounds like you're not using the audio from the camera. I wonder if you could somehow send your synch pulses out over the audio-out ports of your PC. Then, depending on your frame analysis software capabilities, you might be able to shift the sound pulses to put the amplitude peaks into the center of the frames. Sort of a PLL approach.

If the camera is on USB, then sending your pulses out on USB would be very difficult, I think, unless you are familiar with programming USB drivers.