drive circuit

chaosmc

Joined May 21, 2012
Hi everybody,

I want to drive some semiconductors. I've found some drive circuits like ADuM1233 or Si8235 but these ICs can drive one or two switches. I know that if my application has too many switches i can use more than one IC like the above, but i was wondering if there are ICs with which i can drive more than two!

My searching was fruitless, so i am looking forward for some comments of yours!

Thanks!

chaosmc

Joined May 21, 2012
I have 10 PWM signals which are supposed to go at the gates of 10 MOSFETs. I can do it by using several ICs such as ADuM1233(if i am correct). This gate driver, though, has one or two outputs,thus, it can drive only one or two MOSFETs, right?!
I was wondering if there are available in the market, gate drivers with more than two outputs! This is just a matter of making my circuit more compact and asking about market availability!
Thanks for the answer and sorry if i am not so easy to understand!

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Depending on the PWM signal, you might not even need a driver. What voltage, frequency, current limit, etc. can your PWM supply? What MOSFETs are you using? Do you have a schematic? How about your power supply to the MOSFETs, any details on that?

chaosmc

Joined May 21, 2012
I am thinking of using FPGA for the PWM signals. So, my PWM signals will be 3.3V. I want to play with the frequency, thinking around 100kHz. I need drive circuit since i want to have sufficient voltage for Vgs of my switches (around 10V or more will be good i think).

Actually, ADuM1233 or Si823x series will work just fine i think, just looking for a bigger one as i mentioned before(more inputs and outputs i mean)

As for schematic sorry there is not available in the moment! Current limit also...i have to check the fpga for that!

In any case, if you know any "big brothers" of the aforementioned drives coz i got really frustrated during searching one...!

Thanks wayneh