Drawing clearer schematics on Eagle

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm designing a circuit in Eagle, and have got around to putting bypass caps on the ICs.

However, the pins are arranged in such a way that I would have to cross lines to connect the Vss and GND pins.

I believe it is possible to put a little section elsewhere on the schematic, which would still let you route those connections, but doesn't require them to be shown together on the schematic. Can anyone explain how this is done?

I know my description is pretty dire, so I have drawn a diagram to show what I mean. If I wanted to put bypass caps between pins 8 and 1 of the 555 timer, I would have to cross the other connections, which is what I would like to avoid.

If it's still unclear what I'm talking about, let me know. :)

Thanks for your time,

Sparky

Attachments

bance

Joined Aug 11, 2012
Having re-read your question, I thought I'd add that although I don't use eagle (I'm committed to opensource software and use gedA) the function you are looking for is the net function.

You can create a node (input/output symbol) and give it a net attribute that matches the other end of the connection. I hope I'm making sense....

Also you should remember that you can edit the IC's pins to make the schematic more readable.

HTH Steve.