DR circuits

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What is the VTC that you are talking about?

Wouldn't you expect the voltage across a forward-biased diode to be different than the voltage across a resistor in series with a reverse-biased diode? Or are you using an ideal diode for your model.

But, in any event, yes, there is a difference between those two circuits.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Well, if you are using an ideal model then the output voltages in both cases are always zero, but for very different reasons. I would argue that just because a particular voltage or current is the same between two circuits is no basis for declaring the two circuits equal. If so, then there would be no differences between any circuit powered by a 9V battery because the voltage across the battery is always the same in each circuit.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You've got a strange way of indicating voltage polarity. The typical way (but not only) is to use a + (and perhaps also a -) sign. When an arrow is used, I have always seen it point toward the more posiitve node. But, be that as it may, it is true that the diagrams for that one quantity are the same. But now plot the current in the circuit and you will see that those curves are different.

So while the two circuits can be said to be "equivalent" in terms of the specific voltage indicated, they are NOT the same and there is a significant difference between them.

mihaipop11

Joined Jan 12, 2013
ok, thanks, now i got it, but for example, i have to solve a problem, it goes like this: "Find the electrical circuit of the switching port to obtain the given VTC.", and the VTC is that graphical representation, bot circuits are correct, am i right?