Download difficulty

Bychon

Joined Mar 12, 2010
Dear sirs..or ladies,

Yesterday I discovered that my download helper program (fdminst-lite.exe) will not work on this site. This is new. It worked for months on this site. It works in other places, specifically, Electro-tech, which seems to have the same website program you use.

I did the uninstall, restart, install...all that "normal" stuff. I tried Internet Explorer and Firefox. I have decided that this problem is peculiar to your site and it happened 6/4/10 or 6/5/10.

I can survive without you correcting this, but it would be convenient if you changed something (or un-changed something) so my usual methods resume working.

ps, (different subject) I agree with the previous poster that I shouldn't have to log in to see schematics.

Thank you

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi Bychon. No settings were changed on those days, so I'm not too sure what the problem could be on our end. I'm unfamiliar with the software and unfortunately can't test it as I'm on a mac. What is the error message that you are receiving by the program?

Bychon

Joined Mar 12, 2010
Hi...

When I click on a PDF, for instance (in a thread), the download helper jumps up and downloads to desktop, a .php file, which does not contain the PDF information.

I have developed a work-around where I simply "cancel" FDM when it's window jumps up, and Firefox completes the download correctly.

I thought I attached the download program to my O.P.

anyway, the download helper is a good tool for me because it provokes a "resume" when a download stalls. Fortunately, the files on your site are so small that I have never had a download stall. This is a very small problem. I only bring it to your attention because it started, and it never happened before. Please do not spend a lot of time on this. It isn't a critical issue.