Doubt on xbee adc. urgent

dhanraj_kmr

Joined Dec 6, 2008
Hi to all, i am using two xbee modules. one act as a remote another one is base. I've configured remote xbee as adc input on 20th pin, 14th pin as ref. ref volt=3.3v and two modules having below configuration. when i gave a analog input(ADC INPUT0) i can see the variation of pwm output on D0 pin using a CRO. but my failure was i could not get UART output(sensor value) at my remote side.

my module baud rate is 9600.
flow control NONE
data bits=8
parity NONE
stop bits=1.

BASE REMOTE

P0 = 2(ADC INPUT0) D0 = 2(PWM 0)
P1 = 2(ADC INPUT1) D1 = 2(PWM 1)
IU = 1(I/O ENABLE: 1-ENABLED) IR = 14(SAMPLE RATE)
IA = 5678 (or FFFF)(I/O INPUT ADDRESS) IT = 5(SAMPLE BEFORE TRANSMIT)

the UART output should be like this(the way). pls check this link.
http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl.jsp?kb=180

But on my hyperterminal window i wasnot able to get the correct UART data.
some unpricted data which were not numbers. But when i connect my remote to sensor i used to get some numbers as well as special chars. Whats going on my modules? pls its urgent.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Try reducing your module baud rate to 1200, and see if you can get a readable datastream.
Check to ensure your settings in hyperterm match your UART.

Are you certain that your interconnecting cable is wired properly? IE: DTE, DCE

dhanraj_kmr

Joined Dec 6, 2008
Thanks for your reply.
I have checked my two modules for normal serial communication. I could transmit the data as well as receive the data without any special chars. And i hav checked my baud rate of hyperterminal and xbee both are same.
After red your post i tried to change my xbee modules baud rate to 1200. But my modules getting somany problems like its could be read but not able to write the commends.etc. And now i couldnt change the baud rate my original value 9600.