Doubt in Non inverting amplifier

sudharshan.panduranga

Joined Apr 10, 2008
Help me...
In the OPAMP non inverting amplifier, I have one doubt..
Specification:
Supply voltages : +/- 5V
Gain : 10
Input voltage : +6V

Why opamp output gives -ve voltage. Can anybody give the reason.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The input voltage may not be higher than the powersupply voltages.
What type of opamp did you use?
There are older types that reverse the phase at a to high input.

Bertus

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Have you downloaded the data sheet? This may be somewhat blunt. But what you are trying to do is futile, and it may fry the opamp. As the data sheet say the absolute maximum input voltage can not be higher than the supply voltage.
Tell us what you are trying to do, and we will help you

sudharshan.panduranga

Joined Apr 10, 2008
Have you downloaded the data sheet? This may be somewhat blunt. But what you are trying to do is futile, and it may fry the opamp. As the data sheet say the absolute maximum input voltage can not be higher than the supply voltage.
Tell us what you are trying to do, and we will help you

I am not using this condition in the implementation. But i should know the reason reason...Can you suggest the reason...:)

rjenkins

Joined Nov 6, 2005
If you operate ANY IC outside of the manufacturers specifications, it will either work poorly, malfunction or plain blow up.

The exact type of fault or failure varies from device to device, but the fundamental cause is using the device beyond it's ratings.

If you want more technical reasons, look at the fundamentals of integrated circuit construction, substrate isolation & thyristor effect, in addition to basic transistor biassing and breakdown vltages.