Doris Software

donskiter

Joined Nov 17, 2006
Good Day.

My friend gave me a CD. When I open it on my computer I can only open the table of contents when i try to click it a mssg appear on the screen.

Acrobat Reader

The specified file u:/8ds/50XX/5000.4/GBB5000$XXT01.PDF does not exist.

My other friend told me to install first a DORIS software to open it. I confuse bec. the cd is also a DORIS PDF. I dont have any idea regarding to DORIS sofware I really badly to open all the contents of this any means help is higly appreciated.....

P.S. My OS is Xp pof & acrobat 5

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

The drive spec seems wierd. Very few people have a drive letter U on their computer.

Have you looked at the cd to see if the directory and subdirectory path exists?

What does Doris software do?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
The first thing I would suggest is update to a more recent version of Adobe Acrobat - version 8 has been released recently.

Dave

donskiter

Joined Nov 17, 2006
Good Day,

Im sorry im not familiar with the directory on the cd and also regarding with doris software i try to search on the internet but it seems the only i got is doris browser free down load. The cd is service manual for medical equipment.

I download the acrobat 8 but Im not able to upgrade bec. i only have service pack 1 it only can download at service pack 2. By the way my windows xp is not original:(

Hope there is other way i can open this cd.

Thanks.........

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Microsoft will be after you!

Download version 7, then update to 7.0.9 for security reasons - mind you if you are only running XP SP1 then this would the least of your concerns!

Dave

donskiter

Joined Nov 17, 2006
I understand Sir...My salary on my job is not enough to support my family so its very hard for me to buy the original one.I know this is not excused. Im 28 years old now only last year I buy my owned personal computer it takes me 5 year after college to have one. I from third word country (ASIA) Its very hard to lived in my country the job oppurtunities is very low and salary, so Im planning to go at the middle east to work living my family behind to earn enough money to support them that is the reason im badly need to open the content of the cd to study the equipment. Next week were going to start the training so that im able to pass on the exam and hands on exam were 7 applicant the company need only 4. I know sir the you are dissapointed knowing that my is not original and Im very sorry sir You been so good to me helping to solve all my concern. I plan to buy the original one this year I just have to save money and budget my expenses to buy the original one a soon as possible..

I promise Ill be back to join this organization when i have the original one this organization is the best i almost join all the organization on the internet but youre"s t is different...KEEP UP THE THE GOOD WORK !!!

Don

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Don't worry, I'm not judging. I think Windows is too expensive for what it is anyway!

If you are looking at a free alternative to Windows, you could always have a look at Linux.

Dave