Hey all!
I have the following question:
A sample of silicon is doped with arsenic such that the concentration of free electrons is 2.3*10^15 cm-3 when the temperature is 311 K. Determine the concentration of holes in the sample at that temperature.
Now from what I know, this is an Extrinsic semiconductor. But I am having trouble finding the equation to use for this one. I would not use this correct:
ni = BT^(3/2)*e(-Eg/2KT)
If not Im stuck on the path im supposed to take. If anyone could lead me down the correct road itd be much appreciated!
I have the following question:
A sample of silicon is doped with arsenic such that the concentration of free electrons is 2.3*10^15 cm-3 when the temperature is 311 K. Determine the concentration of holes in the sample at that temperature.
Now from what I know, this is an Extrinsic semiconductor. But I am having trouble finding the equation to use for this one. I would not use this correct:
ni = BT^(3/2)*e(-Eg/2KT)
If not Im stuck on the path im supposed to take. If anyone could lead me down the correct road itd be much appreciated!