door locks

movesa

Joined Sep 17, 2010
Hi all
i have a Toyota whih does not have the auto door locks through a remote key ( Key Fob) . i got the original key ( with a remote ) and a receiver thinking i would just plug and play but no lucks .
when i transmit the lock or the unlock button the receiver gives me output from one point only but different pulses .i am looking for eiither a gadget or a circuit which can differentiate the pulse and send the the respective pulse to either lock or unlock the vehicle .

I.E. = when i press the lock button the circuit or gadget should recgonise the amont of pulses from the receiver and send to the lock point .

when i press the unlock button the circuit or gadget should recgonise the amont of pulses from the receiver and send to the unlock point .

the cicuit is a twelve volt DC but the output from the receiver is 7vdc at lock and 8vdc on the unlock .

any help would be appreciated

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Sounds to me like you need all the other parts involved in the circuit, probaby a module or two if your doors already have electric locks.

Go to a self-serve salvage yard and dig through a similar model to see what you may be missing.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I agree with the salvage yard approach.

If you get lucky, you will find your model car, with remote locks, and key fob.

Every FOB has a different code. I dont want your FOB unlocking my car, so you will need a matched pair.

I would get the Chilton manual (or the like) for your vehicle, find out what the remote lock system consists of, and see if you can get the whole set from the junk-yard.

movesa

Joined Sep 17, 2010
hi guys
i did check the model and it seems this particular model does not come with the key remote
the central locking does work through the key but not the remote on the key .
the matching of the remote and the receiver are ok a when i wire it up with twelve volt the receiever does receive the signal and give output but the problem i have is that receiver is only giving one output for both the lock and unlock the only difference is the pulses .
if i can separate the same using some cicuit then i am home and dry.
thanx for your input .
regards

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Key fobs are programmable to the car's computer, that's how they can sell replacements. DIrections on how to do so are usually in the owner's manual or can be found online.

You're just missing some of the interface.