Don't read this!!!

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
I got you!:D LOLOL

Now tell me why you read this coz you were not supposed to read this!?

And don't lie to me...:D

hexreader

Joined Apr 16, 2011
No, no, no.....

I think it only fair and reasonable that first you explain why you felt the need to start this thread.

Once we have psycho-analysed your motives for starting, what at first glance seems like a pointless and gratuitous thread, maybe then you will have earned the right to analyse the readers' reasons for peeking.

:)

The ball is back in your court...... awaiting a response.....

Last edited:

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
LOL...one down!!

Human beings are too curious...Just don't do what you dont have to...but at least you are honest...coz I can see a couple of views but they pretending not to have read...:D

hexreader

Joined Apr 16, 2011
Human beings are too curious...
There you have answered your own question.

A car crash always attracts much attention, as does a post with a title like "Urgent help needed" or "Don't read this!!!". You know that the post will be pointless, but entertaining.

And seeing how stupid somebody else's post is always makes the reader feel better about themselves.

Human nature - good or bad

.... and yes - anonymous voyeurism without having to log on and admit it is even sweeter

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
There you have answered your own question.
LOL

A car crash always attracts much attention, as does a post with a title like "Urgent help needed" or "Don't read this!!!". You know that the post will be pointless, but entertaining.
you are correct!

And seeing how stupid somebody else's post is always makes the reader feel better about themselves.

Human nature - good or bad

.... and yes - anonymous voyeurism without having to log on and admit it is even sweeter
Yes!

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
What is it that you "GOT" ?

You have not yet told us the point of this thread, or why you started it.
Simple!! read 'sbixby' post again and you will understand...:)

to answer your question, I GOT 2 AAC members down so far...lol

I started this thread coz its Off-topic!:p

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
ok, ok, the same reason I ignore the "do not enter" signs - you told me not to and I often do the opposite ;)
I like that! its human nature...its like saying to someone 'if you touch that fire you will get burnt' but he/she will eventually try and get burnt...lol

what's wrong with us? lol

btw, three down..LOL

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Please pardon my probably far off topic reply, but I haven't read this. I just wanted to know if Eric007 is a native Frenchman or an immigrant to France.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
This is a totally silly and useless experiment.

If you came upon a windowless concrete building with barbed fencing around it with only one door and a sign posted on the door saying "DANGER - KEEP OUT", you would never think twice about trying to enter that door.

However, if a door in your own house has a sign posted "DANGER - KEEP OUT" would you hesitate to take a peek?

Or your kid has a shoe box with a note saying "DO NOT OPEN"?

Hence a thread on AAC with a title "Don't read this!!!" we all know would be totally benign and must be a prank or a joke.

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
This is a totally silly and useless experiment.
You forgot to mention " in my opinion"...LOL

If you came upon a windowless concrete building with barbed fencing around it with only one door and a sign posted on the door saying "DANGER - KEEP OUT", you would never think twice about trying to enter that door.

However, if a door in your own house has a sign posted "DANGER - KEEP OUT" would you hesitate to take a peek?

Or your kid has a shoe box with a note saying "DO NOT OPEN"?
I TOTALLY disagree with you on this one and especially your last two examples!!!

Although you own the house, you are not the only one living in there...you may have a wife, kids, relative you live with! So if I find a posted sign "dander -keep out" or any strange post, I would NOT rush and take a peek because its my house!! I'll rather try to find out with family what is going on...because maybe something wrong happened...and bah bah bah...

Same applies with the kid - shoe example!!! there MUST be a reason why ur kid wrote "DO NOT OPEN", isn' it? and whatever the reason, its still a reason!

As for the first example some will enter the door! and this thread is a perfect proof IMO!!!

Hence a thread on AAC with a title "Don't read this!!!" we all know would be totally benign and must be a prank or a joke.
you answered your own questions here...

Anyways, wheter you like it or not I 'gotcha' period!:D