Dont know how to read a circuit? Want to get an opinion?

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
That's why I like picture books. I can always read the pictures. Those pesky letters, numbers and punctuation always befuddle me.

OK, chrisjackson we're having some fun with you. You need to be more specific in what help you need. Otherwise to answer your question on my opinion; it's my opinion that some circuits are quite easy to read while others are greatly advanced and may require years of experience reading them. I'm good with simple and some slightly complex circuits, but beyond that I get lost. The schematic for a computer mother board is WAY beyond my abilities. But I have taken pictures of circuit boards and then deciphered their schematic and grew to understand what was going on. But it takes time and lots of practice. Don't jump in the deep end, start small. Like how to wire an LED with a 12 volt battery. Learn how to calculate the resistance needed to protect the LED. And just as important, learn to read and understand data sheets. They reveal the secrets of what a component can do.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Why do too many noobs come here to say that they are making their first electronic project and are asking how to do it?
Then they say they cannot understand what we are talking about (geek-talk).

I am not a doctor and when I lookup a medical problem or a medication then I don't know what they are talking about. I do not ask on a forum.

Maybe the thread-starter is talking about a schematic drawn with Multisim that has wires jigging and jagging all over the place instead of having straight lines?

Attachments

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Love it when someone says they're a noob and have no experience but want to learn. For their first project they want to build a space shuttle astro-navigation system. Yet they don't even know how to solder.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Some students have no interests in anything therefore they have no clue about what profession they should study then spend their life doing. Then they select electronics at random.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I was always fascinated by electronics. Age 7 I turned an old toy reel to reel tape recorder into a reversible fan, mounted it on a styrofoam float and made an air boat. It had a multi-position rotary switch and I figured out how to wire it so I could run the motor in one direction or the other. Inadvertently the motor had dynamic braking. Always wondered why when I turned it off the fan stopped nearly immediately, but when I removed the battery it coasted to a stop. Oh - and my soldering work was horribly atrocious. Used my dad's Weller soldering gun and my dad's solid core tin/lead solder. No flux, just melting solder and pasting the wires to the switch. But it worked! Age 7 no less. Nobody to tell me how to wire it. Thought of "Current" as my dad would call it akin to water current, or like a faucet. Water came out of the tap and had to have a way to get back (the drain). Ah - the mind of a child. I still remember those days over 55 years ago.