Does this look reperable to anyone?

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
unless you know exactly what you are doing and have the correct test equipment do this-
1 open nearest dustbin
2 place board in bin
3 close lid
4 buy replacement board
if set doesnt work after new power supply has been fitted ,take set outside-smash it up and buy a replacement

radiohead

Joined May 28, 2009
Just because the filter capacitor discharged doesn't mean its faulty. A cap that size would definately make short work of a gecko. Obvioulsy you checked the fuse, right? I would then check that black boxy component next to the fuse. It looks like a delay module that could be bad. Before turning on the juice, get an old toothbrush and some acetone, flux remover or alcohol and clean up those messy solder joints (near the bottom of the image of the solder side).

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
In addition to the above, and it might be the picture, but I counted a little over a dozen suspect solder joints and one additional possible run repair.

Gecko's and other critters who don't abide by the signal words are typical. 15.5kV makes geckos disappear ... poof.

steinless

Joined Aug 7, 2013
hi all,

thanks for all your input.:)

more info actually. doubt the fuse is blown. the supply still works. i get power only on the leds when i put the thing onto the tv.

theres a chirping sound when i turn the thing on. sound is still on but no display.

replaced the three caps, but still chirping sound with led on light. read somewhere perhaps might be the diodes? secondary diodes? i guess the two below the inductor?

as for the tracks, the connectivity is apparently still there. tested with a multimeter... but not sure if the big black cap still functions normallly.

so my next step i guess is changing the diodes...

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
you mean the green one? i think i will change that soon. thanks!
Is that look like green, but it seems look like dark red.

Does the chirping sound came from the transfomer?

If so, then the problem coude be happened at the tranformer and the caps around the tranformer.