Does this cross to a NTE 312?

doug08

Joined Jan 30, 2011
It looks like a motorola 9565 transistor...when I check on NTE's website, I get a JFET 312. Why does it show EBC?? When it is supposed to be Gate/source/drain. I checked this transistor with my npn/pnp transistor tester, and it fails for EBC. I checked another, and the same thing happened. I just want to make sure this is a nte312.

Thanks

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
It could be about anything, considering that the package is as non-standard as anything I have seen. Neither number shows up, so this may be something made under contract - meaning no standard part will show up as a sub.

Have you got any idea of the operating parameters? A FET will show a body diode PN junction from source to drain, BTW.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
It could be about anything, considering that the package is as non-standard as anything I have seen. Neither number shows up, so this may be something made under contract - meaning no standard part will show up as a sub.

Have you got any idea of the operating parameters? A FET will show a body diode PN junction from source to drain, BTW.
A JFET has PN junctions from gate to source and gate to drain. This is irrelevant, because the part is a BJT (unless EBC doesn't mean Emitter-Base-Collector). It does seem strange that, if EBC means Emitter-Base-Collector, they didn't put it near the pins. So maybe it's not a BJT. I agree with beenthere that it is probably a proprietary part.