does anyone share their industrial experience for fresher ?

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
I think this is stupid question but I want to know so I posted here

now days microcontroller, vlsi circuit used everywhere there are several project make based on the embedded system and vlsi technology .

I have read lot about microcontroller and vlsi technology in books but anyone ask me question how does mobile phone, laptop, or simple project based on microcontroller make in Industry I can't give answer I know they make with digital circuit like gates memory but I don't know how they assemble together in company.

but I don't have idea how they make in industry I don't know about industrial level knowledge . I don't know how employes work for their company , whats their role for projects. how does they complete their project ( laptop mobile phone , microcontroller based projects

I mean as design engineer they design the hardware
I want to know how did they work in company or how does they work in company

1) which software tool they used to design digital device

2) which software tool they used to write c code
(keil, mplab, avrggcc)

3) simulator for hardware

I know this question is very difficult to answer I am asking someone who has experience , please share your experience for every fresher

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Actually, the questions are very easy to answer. It is just that there are a lot of answers.

A design engineer begins by learning physics and math. Then you get good at it. Very good.
Then you learn electronics and get good at it, very, very good.

GM11

Joined Sep 8, 2013
As a Biologist who has done a little teaching at university, I cant help but think world wide we are failing to teach children properly.
Even in my own field I saw freshers desperate to learn and yet didnt have the first clue about the subject. Here in the uk we are supposed to teach Science and apparently Biology, you wouldnt know it. I compare my education to that my children are getting, we are short changing our future generations. To the OP NOT asking a question is STUPID, wishing to learn and improve yourself is a quality to be proud of, my view is simply that you and other young people are being let down all over the world. For me whats worse is it's my generation that's doing it!
Good luck OP I wish you well, I cant help with electronics but I am sure you will do well, you seem to have a good attitude ;)

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
I just want to ask about latest simulator for digital hardware that are used in company
I want to ask someone how does they work in company, means which simulator does they use during designing

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
As a Biologist who has done a little teaching at university, I cant help but think world wide we are failing to teach children properly.
Even in my own field I saw freshers desperate to learn and yet didnt have the first clue about the subject. Here in the uk we are supposed to teach Science and apparently Biology, you wouldnt know it. I compare my education to that my children are getting, we are short changing our future generations. To the OP NOT asking a question is STUPID, wishing to learn and improve yourself is a quality to be proud of, my view is simply that you and other young people are being let down all over the world. For me whats worse is it's my generation that's doing it!
Good luck OP I wish you well, I cant help with electronics but I am sure you will do well, you seem to have a good attitude ;)

I just want to ask about latest simulator for digital hardware that are used in company
I want to ask someone how does they work in company, means which simulator does they use during designing

Socretes, thank you for your philosophical views of the world but I was only asking for directions to the restroom.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
A better question is, do they really use simulators? Or do they use old fashioned math and physics?

Simulating the whole design like a mobile phone is simply too complex, and generally not worth the effort. The design will allways be divided into many parts, like power supply, RF baseband, main CPU, chargins system etc.

Then you decide what requirements have to be met at each boundary, for example what does the psu need to provide, and under what psu conditions can the cpu be run. These separate are then colculated and checked in simulations to meet that.

Last edited:

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
I have never used a simulator for digital design. they might be usefull if they were also a cad for pc design, but years ago, I realized that digital circuit design, other than timing and fanout is pretty much the same as designing flow charts. you do a flow chart of the process you want to do, and there, with a little change in boxes, is the digital design.

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
flow chart

requirement of customer
features
specification

start design
1- verilog code for device
verify code by checking error in code

2-logic desin for device
verify by checking input output table

3-cmos circuit design for device
verify by checking the waveform

4-layout design for device
verify by checking design rule

this all work done with software

and finally layout will send to fabrication
chip will ready to use

I don't know they really use simulator in company? , do they really use ?or they use physics and maths to check device on page? both two condition physics and maths will use I mean how does they know that their device is Implementing in correct way because there are million of device make in company

so again i am asking how does any device make in company ?

Last edited:

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
Yes.........

for example i want to design micro controller so I need simulator for following task

start design
1- verilog code for device
verify code by checking error in code

2-logic desin for device
verify by checking input output table

3-cmos circuit design for device
verify by checking the waveform

4-layout design for device
verify by checking design rule

can you suggest me which simulator they used mostly in company