Does anyone know if something like this exists?

patrick99e99

Joined Aug 19, 2013
target_bank.jpg

So this is a drop target bank... The four black plastic rectangles have springs attached to the bottom, and when they are raised up, they hook to the ledge (the black long plastic piece at the top with the 5 screws on it).

I am brainstorming, looking for a way that I can cause a target to fall down through electronics........ I am imagining some kind of miniature coil, that is be somewhat flat, until current goes to it-- and then it would raise up a tiny amount (1/8" or something), and that would cause the target to get pushed off the ledge, so it can fall down.

I was originally looking for tiny solenoids, but all of those were too big to fit on this--- So I just thought I'd ask here if anyone knows off the top of their head something that could be used to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I read something about really tiny fans. Not rotational, more like flapping a bird wing. Searching my memory, not getting much. Maybe a piezo element with a lever...

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Is muscle wire repeatable? (keep repeating the same motion just because electricity is applied?)

Never mind. I just found the reference.