Do you watch Curse of Oak Island v2

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Interesting stuff this season, getting closer to something or nothing?

kv

Edit: Apologies now ...........
I’m glad the show is so popular. They have enough money to finally do in this season what I expected to see from the beginning - they’re digging. I never saw much sense to a lot of the “exploratory” stuff they were doing. Maybe that’s the clarity of hindsight but I sure enjoy seeing those giant timbers coming up, and all the work in the swamp and the cove.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I’m glad the show is so popular. They have enough money to finally do in this season what I expected to see from the beginning - they’re digging. I never saw much sense to a lot of the “exploratory” stuff they were doing. Maybe that’s the clarity of hindsight but I sure enjoy seeing those giant timbers coming up, and all the work in the swamp and the cove.
Yes as a restorative version of what we have seen in past seasons, I’ve enjoyed seeing these new discoveries, they have been plotting a season close, I’m sure as always, I think might be worth watching, just my take as always they do, but it would really be cool if they can date stuff of original dig, that would be cool no matter what they find.

kv

Ylli

Joined Nov 13, 2015
I am enjoying the show, but I don't think I buy into the story. Seems like an unlikely amount of effort to put into burying any treasure, be it by pirates or the Knights Templar. But them again, they are getting timbers from deeper than 100 feet.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I am enjoying the show, but I don't think I buy into the story. Seems like an unlikely amount of effort to put into burying any treasure, be it by pirates or the Knights Templar. But them again, they are getting timbers from deeper than 100 feet.
If you have been following the story, you would know that there is a connection between ”Knights Templar” with an unlimited amount of conspiracy theories. What or why ultimately leading us to an idea of what could be so valuable that they would put something down a 160 feet in the ground with multiple traps not only water but also spikes planted in wood and strategically place to injure anyone getting to close. It literally is like a scene from an Indiana Jones movie. However, it’s equally possible its empty and there is nothing there and has since moved to a new location all together still waiting to be found, no one knows?

kv

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Was Marty‘s coin found near another hole he dropped it in a sign? If so, to what end I think I fell asleep before they concluded or something. I think it’s done right?

kv

Ylli

Joined Nov 13, 2015
An indication things are on the move below the surface - that things aren't now where they used to be. Contemplating a much larger, deeper hole.

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
My theory is that there is nothing left. The ex-slave who lived there found it all and hid it elsewhere (as evidenced by diggings around his old house). That ex-slave became one of the wealthiest land owners in Nova Scotia. It does not take rocket science to figure out how he got his wealth.
Only real question remaining is what treasure did he find, from what century. It is more of a history exercise than a treasure hunt now. True, they may find a few remnants of the treasure, but not a big pile of it.
End of theory....

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I just watched the ending and a big dig for 3 years is a possibility, we haven’t fully gained an understanding of the swamp either so it might turn out somewhat of a mystery or not.

kv

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
They would get it done in half a week instead of 7 years (and counting).
I started reading about Oak Island in the 1960s. Many people lost life and money digging.
Then I lost track of Oak Island.
As soon as I found it on youtube I realized the two brothers found the money at Oak Island. They put video up and collect money per viewing. That is where the money is. As long as pay/view works keep it going.