Do you have any spare parts for sale?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I'm willing to mail parts to anyone in the USA at no charge if it fits in a standard envelope needing one stamp. I would do this on an as needed basis. If you have a project, post the parts list and those willing can send you what they have on hand. Myself, I have lots of surface mount resistors and caps in 0805 package and general purpose transistors in sot23 package. I also have through hole resistors and 7400 series parts and lots of oddball stuff too. I can't mail a roomfull of stock, but if I provide specific things for a project, it's likely to be easily mailed in the USA.

Also, don't expect express mail service and I can't promise I'll get it in the mail that very day.
Would you happen to have a large supply of pin headers? A project I'm working on requires two 8-pin headers, 1 6-pin header, and one 2-pin header.... :D

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
Would you happen to have a large supply of pin headers? A project I'm working on requires two 8-pin headers, 1 6-pin header, and one 2-pin header.... :D
I'll check when I get home. I assume you mean the typical 0.1 inch spacing type for ribbon cables? Does it matter if it's straight or right angle?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I'll check when I get home. I assume you mean the typical 0.1 inch spacing type for ribbon cables? Does it matter if it's straight or right angle?
Yes, .1 inch, like this:

I'm building a dev board for my PICs, and I am hoping for some headers so that I can plug it into my breadboard if needed. The 8-pin and 2-pin headers would have to be straight in order for this to work, but the 6-pin should be a right angle. Here's a rendering of the basic setup:

finaldevboard.PNG

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be demanding. If this is any trouble, just let me know and I can buy some of my own.
Thanks!

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
Yes, .1 inch, like this:

I'm building a dev board for my PICs, and I am hoping for some headers so that I can plug it into my breadboard if needed. The 8-pin and 2-pin headers would have to be straight in order for this to work, but the 6-pin should be a right angle. Here's a rendering of the basic setup:

View attachment 34815

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be demanding. If this is any trouble, just let me know and I can buy some of my own.
Thanks!
Oh, I understand now - single row, not double row. I think I do have them, but I have to check when I get home.
I'll let you know by the end of the day.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
For those who would like to spend less time desoldering components for salvage (even SMD's), use a Hot Air Gun to slowly heat the whole PCB until the solder "melts" and simply turn PCB upside down and tap it on something like your work bench..... most components will fall off if solder is hot enough, don't over heat the board though, or you will be smelling that burn PCB smell for a while :), and this method is great for removing through hole parts and SMD's, although it would melt any plastic connectors or headers....

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
OK, here is what I have in this department. I have a large number of 2 pin right angle pin-headers of this type. It looks like you could easily straighten the pins with a needle nose pliers before you solder them in. You could also put three together to make a 6-pin right angle connector. Or, you could straighten 4 of them and put them together to make a straight 8-pin connector. I realize this is less than ideal, but I do think that straightening the angled 2-pin header to make a straight 2-pin header should be fine, if you are careful.

I also have a slightly different connector type that is very similar, but they are brown/maroon color and have a plastic extension piece up the back that acts like a locking mechanism. You could use a Dremel with a cutting wheel to trim the little plastic piece off. Of this type of connector, I have some straight 2 pin headers and straight 8 pin headers. I don't have the right angle 6-pin headers, but the 10-pin angle headers I have can be cut down to 6-pins.

If any of this sounds interesting, just let me know and PM me your mailing address. If I get it tonight, I can put it in the mail tomorrow morning.

Attachments

Last edited:

Xufyan

Joined Aug 3, 2010
Diodes , resistors , capacitors and all other components are so cheap here , like you can buy 80 of any of the component for approx 1usd

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
I'm also in need of two "A1357" & two "C3420" through hole transistors.

One ceramic capacitor labeled "4"

One glass diode rated at "4.675v 500ma" or "4.7v 500ma (0.5a)
the diodes are pretty cheap. I can get 100 for alittle more then $3
The transistor on the other hand cost 5 bucks for shipping and I cant afford that on each transistor unless I find a site that carries both these for group shipping

Theres a site. I'll check my other threads, it should be on one.

Or maybe some one can pay half and i can pay half? that would be cool to.
But we will see!

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Well, while this thread is still going, I need to ask: Does anyone have any spare Aixiz laser housings lying around that they wouldn't mind parting with?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Last edited: