Do you guys/gals know...

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
that it's impossible to win an argument with a liar?

Face to face, you are wasting your time and your breath.

On the web, you are wasting your time and your pixels, I suppose.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
that it's impossible to win an argument with a liar?

Face to face, you are wasting your time and your breath.

On the web, you are wasting your time and your pixels, I suppose.
I was always told its better to remain silent and thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
My wife exposed me to "Duck Dynasty" if anyone has seen it, it's goofy. It's all rigged TV non-sense. They do have good morals at the end, I can appreciate.

The family has an Uncle named "Si" he rips stuff out of thin air. I'm impressed with his bull, the difference is everyone knows 90% that comes from his mouth is bull.

Some people in life don't let on it's all crap, somehow they now how to back that crap up with more crap.

Just remain silent and let them spew their non-sense and hope they hang them selfs.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Liars damage thier communities, and need to be dealt with. It can be risky to try to do something about them, but also risky to ignore them.

BTW killivolt, even though that show is nonsense, Phis Robertson has lived an interesting life:

Phil has become a legend in Louisiana and in the duck-hunting world in general.[5] He played college football at Louisiana Tech University, starting ahead of Hall-of-Famer Terry Bradshaw, and was drafted by the NFL after his junior year. He turned it down and quit football because it interfered with duck season, and he was not interested in having "large, violent… men chasing me trying to stomp me in the dirt".[
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_Dynasty

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Sorry to make them sound stupid, didn't mean that.

I need to set it right, it really takes a smart person to be perceived as ignorant or stupid and make it entertaining.

That's 90% of the shows intention, not everything you see at first refutes logic.

I think they are doing a good job of dispelling (Stereotyping) especially if your a Redneck.

Edit: My family is filled with Rednecks. I should have been, but for some reason, it didn't set with me.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I was fired by one, they we're supported by other liars.

No, win scenario, it was like a military tribunal. Later the liar was forced to either resign or be fired. I laughed, it was on my birthday.

The truth comes to the surface eventually, he was using "State Tools" and time on the job to do side work.

He knew I would have busted him eventually.

Sue_AF6LJ

Joined Mar 16, 2013
I was fired by one, they we're supported by other liars.

No, win scenario, it was like a military tribunal. Later the liar was forced to either resign or be fired. I laughed, it was on my birthday.

The truth comes to the surface eventually, he was using "State Tools" and time on the job to do side work.

He knew I would have busted him eventually.
I worked for one in commercial two way radio for a time, the guy was working on a peace of remote telemetry gear with a 12V gel-cel as battery backup. The idiot managed to short the battery line to ground and took out a buried PCB run in a four layer board and a switch transistor. The looser blamed it on me, that was in retaliation for me catching him going through my tool box one day when I returned from lunch early.

Three months after I left (long story not related to him) I was talking to a former coworker I asked about W and the former coworker laughed and said, "I guess you haven't heard about a month ago W had a nervous breakdown and had to quit.".
I said Oh Really?
The former coworker went on to say "I saw him driving down the road to (redacted location) talking to himself and pounding on the steering wheel of his service vehicle as I passed him going the opposite way."
The guy lied and cheated his way up the ladder until his incompetence was the noose that hung him out to dry.
I remember what I said to my ex-coworker, "I always try to be the best I can because Karma is a BI*&h."

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
The guy lied and cheated his way up the ladder until his incompetence was the noose that hung him out to dry.
I remember what I said to my ex-coworker, "I always try to be the best I can because Karma is a BI*&h."
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull sh*t. Sometimes it catches up to you.

I have worked with plenty of people like this.